IGNORED

My Swing (andycolluk)

andycolluk
Note: This thread is 3390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No text? ;-)

What are you working on? How are you hitting it? What's the current miss?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There are a few things that I am trying to tidy up.

Footwork being one so that I get a firmer left side but very much a work in progress.  I am also working on giving myself more time from the top and get the hands starting earlier in the downswing.

To me, I also feel that if my left arm worked more vertically, then I would perhaps create something different and possibly prettier.

Im hitting it ok, most are either decent strikes, if not it is either very clean - flies well but feels skinny or it is out the toe of the club.  My typical directional miss would be right with the irons and an over draw with the driver.

Here's what I would suggest.

Change this, under-turned, not a very dynamic pivot.

To change this. To try and swing out and create some axis tilt, the head tips back, left arm is too far in. Starts to change your low point, making solid contact harder to achieve. This is where those thin and toe shots come from.

Here's how you do it.

You need to turn the torso more, earlier. To help you do this the left shoulder has to go down longer on the backswing. Currently the left shoulder collides into the chin, the left shoulder going down longer will get it to turn under the chin.

Note the difference in the pitch of the shoulders and the "degrees of freedom" with the torso turn.

Start by working on this

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 months later...

I have tried to work on turning my shoulders on a better plane, but I cannot seem to get any feeling that works successfully.  I always feel that I am moving all over the place.  My miss is still really high and right. I occasionally hit the ball heavy too.

I have tried to work on turning my shoulders on a better plane, but I cannot seem to get any feeling that works successfully.

Get the arch out of the lower back, that'll help.

Mike McLoughlin

I have tried to work on turning my shoulders on a better plane, but I cannot seem to get any feeling that works successfully.  I always feel that I am moving all over the place.  My miss is still really high and right. I occasionally hit the ball heavy too.

Also relatively uneducated eyes, but that shoulder turn immediately looks better than the first video (which was still quite a nice swing!). Best of luck with all your goals this year.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 3390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!