• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tuffluck

Titleist 910 D3 + Grafalloy Blue

3 posts in this topic

so i'm getting really interested in just making a driver myself.  i currently bag a 2009 nike sq dymo stiff flex 9.5.  here is basically what i experience with that stick:

-105-110mph average swing speed

-3800rpm backspin

-16 degree launch angle

-250-260y carry, 5-10y roll

my biggest drawback is spin.  i've read a lot about shafts and i think the grafalloy blue stiff would be a great spin reducer.  i think i'd like to stick with a 9.5 head even though my swing speed is borderline 8.5, and shaft is borderline X stiff for that matter too.

i've hit the 910 d3 on launch monitors several times, and i always hit is consistently and pretty long.  i put a lot of spin on it though, but i think i can attribute much of that to the shaft.

at any rate i realize this may be a fail miserably, but i'm willing to do it for fun since it's not terribly expensive, knowing i can probably get a pretty good price out of on ebay if i must.  any tips for this build, like shaft length perhaps?  also curious if you think my specs above would benefit from a build like this.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Are you talking about the ProLanch blue? If so i have some experiance. I actually have very similar numbers to you. The blue to me felt very wippy like my swing was way ahead of the club. when i got fit for my new driver i hit that, and all the diamana shafts with some project x shafts. I really liked the mid launching kaili shaft with my d2 i can hit pretty straight drives with it and a really nice penitrating flight . let me know what you think

i meant the original blue.  the prolaunch blue is actually the exact opposite of the original blue.  in fact the prolaunch red replaced the original blue, and that's the shaft i ended up with.  i also paired it with an adams fast 12 ls, and wow, what an excellent decision.