• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
achadha7

Driver issues

3 posts in this topic

So i consistently have been hitting 100-105, been playing for 6 months, once a week. My irons are straight hits rarely a slice or hook but driver and woods always a slice or hit the top of the ball. Any suggestions ? I am using a wilsons deep red set. 5 iron goes 180 to 195

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Originally Posted by achadha7

So i consistently have been hitting 100-105, been playing for 6 months, once a week. My irons are straight hits rarely a slice or hook but driver and woods always a slice or hit the top of the ball. Any suggestions ? I am using a wilsons deep red set. 5 iron goes 180 to 195

If you hit your 5 iron 195 yards straight, just use it off the tee. Ok, you might need to hit two 5 irons and a pitch on the longest par 4s but you should still be able to shoot in the 80s like that.

Thanks, 180 is consistent 195 some times, issues arise when i try to overhit the 5 and land in the woods, my thought is with a driver or wood if i dont try to overhit and land 200-210ish i can better my score break 100