• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
golfnut123

New User

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, new user here.  Central Florida Golf and tennis nut.  Play tennis everyday as well as coach and only get to enjoy the links a couple times a week.  Hopefully I will be able to soon get out on the course and play as often as I would like!

Could someone also post a link to the rules section of this forum? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Could someone also post a link to the rules section of this forum? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Welcome! You'll find the rules forum as a sub-forum under the clubhouse forum series. http://thesandtrap.com/f/3801/rules-of-golf

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Wrapping up the front nine, JS bogied three of the last four holes to finish +10. For Nos. 6, 7 and 9, he put two tee shots into deep right rough, and one into a fairway bunker. He failed to reach the green on any of these three approaches.
    • Have you ever been fitted for a driver? Check around and see if there's a driver that will work for you. If you get a new driver (not always 2017, but just not a used one), often the fitting is free. What problem do you have with driver? I know a couple of golfers who use 3W for driver, and off the fairway. But, most people lose out on distance by using only 3W. A 3H and 4H might help out as bridge clubs. You may have to test a few hybrids before you find a model that works for you. Or, you might find high-lofted fairway woods (5W, 7W) work better. You just need to test things out and see what works. Also consider taking a tune-up lesson to see if you have any swing wobbles you can cure before you get new clubs.
    • foot-note. The assembled shaft is 43 1/2 inches. This is a little short for a driver which adds to my conclusion that a previous owner had tipped the shaft and the piece was somehow left inside and held there by friction until I tapped it loose during my re-shaft. Also, the fact that it was on an adjustable driver, they probably had to cut it short to accommodate the hosel adapter.   Sorry, if I tend to answer my own questions, but it does not hurt to seek out confirmations.     "golf club forensics". 
    • The new shaft was from an adjustable Tour Edge XCG-7 (Matrix White Tie-Stiff). I did a little research and I am fairly certain it was somehow left in the shaft (maybe on purpose just to piss somebody off -it was not new) when they originally tipped it. There is normally quite a bit of the parallel tip to cut from and the fact that it was exactly 1.75 inches long, leads me to believe that it is the piece cut off. I am surprized it didn't come loose before I switched shafts. I am not positive mind you, but after looking at photos of tip trimming, that's exactly what it looks.  Heck, for all I know, it may even have been trapped inside the shaft  and only came loose after numerous changes in the (so-called) loft adjustment.   Anyway, no biggie, I am just a curious sort and obsessive tinkerer.    Thanks, Shorty.
    • Some golf instructor should tell Ernie that feel is not real 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Adunifon
      Adunifon
      (36 years old)
    2. Mech12
      Mech12
      (42 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon