IGNORED

Won a new shaft; hoping to find the specs!

Note: This thread is 4072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone, I won a new shaft through a raflle this past weekend. It is a UST Mamiya VTS Tour SPX X flex shaft, apparently it is the same exact shaft that brendt snedeker used at his win at pebble beach. I was wondering if anyone knew the specs of the driver? I've looked on their website and all over google, so i was hoping someone in here had an inside scoop on some of the specs. Im looking for the launch and the spin on it. Thanks everyone!

Did you win a complete driver, or just the shaft?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shaft specifications include flex, torque, kick point, and length. Those are the specs that you should be able to find for your shaft and compare to shafts with which you're personally familiar. There are some knowledgeable club fitters and builders on here that may be able to provide some insight to the general characteristics of your particular shaft, but launch angle and spin are specs that are going to be dependent on the entire, completed club and the person swinging it....... Welcome to the forum!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Sounds like a good shaft.  This might help: http://www.ustmamiya.com/tourspx/customers/

Harmonious- I registered for an account already and tried to look at that but for some reason I couldn't get in to see the specs, but thanks for looking at that!

Originally Posted by David in FL

Shaft specifications include flex, torque, kick point, and length. Those are the specs that you should be able to find for your shaft and compare to shafts with which you're personally familiar.

There are some knowledgeable club fitters and builders on here that may be able to provide some insight to the general characteristics of your particular shaft, but launch angle and spin are specs that are going to be dependent on the entire, completed club and the person swinging it.......

Welcome to the forum!

What I am really looking for is if the launch and spin off the shaft low to mid or mid to high, on all the shaft websites they say if it the shaft is meant to lower the launch and spin and etc. That is what I'm really looking for, my shaft that I have now is mid to high launch and low to mid spin. That is the ideal shaft specs for me, so I am just hoping that this shaft is close to that!

From the UST website, the TourSPX is not a unique shaft.  It is supposedly a certified shaft for the PGA Tour, whatever that means. The specs for your shaft should closely match those listed for the VTS shafts.  Does your shaft list the weight?  If so, just check out the UST site for the specs.

Originally Posted by College Golfer

Okay, thank you! I think I have it figured out now, thank you for your help!  What do you think the big differences are in the "tour pro shaft" vs the regular proforce VTS that is on their website?

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that your shaft was hand-pulled from the VTS production line and measured to ensure it met the posted specs.  In other words, if the listed torque for your shaft is 2.8°, your shaft is exactly that, not 2.7° or 2.9°. If it is supposed to weigh 67 grams, it weighs exactly 67 grams.

As much as manufacturers want all their equipment to exactly match their specs, each shaft is a little bit different.  It appears that your shaft has been certified by the manufacturer to exactly match the specs.

The VTS shaft retails for $150 at Golfsmith, so you've got a good one.

Note: This thread is 4072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!