Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ibstrokin

USA Tour Visors

3 posts in this topic

What do y'all think of these?

http://www.campusretro.com/collections/frontpage/products/team-usa-tour-visor

Um, do you want my honest opinion? No offense, but it looks quite cheesy. I don't wear visors anymore, but if I did, I wouldn't be caught dead in that one. Sorry. :(

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Yeah i think you make a good point. it might be easy to dial it back if you have a solid full swing, but i don't think a half swing is the same as a chipping swing ya know. and i think you're absolutely right, there is a little bit of a turn in the half swing as well. that is what i alluded to earlier i think. it was just the amount to focus on a full turn vs. 3/4 turn/ vs. half turn.  That is so true as well. I could stand to limit some difficult second shots, and potential drops from a hazard. I actually didn't think about this that much. The other thought i have on this is the feedback from the distribution of practice, is that whether i am in position at the top of the full swing or not, my mind is able to get the club face back to the ball to at least compensate for being out of position and get the ball out in play, meaning that the practice itself( not the outcome of perfect practice) is not always as beneficial although it can have more benefits in its mastery! Where as the half swing, if you are not in position at the top of a half swing, it is very very difficult to compensate and get back to the ball, while not as much improvement, the improvement is easier to come by i would think. The swing really does have to be very precise to even be able to make solid contact. So that is the dilemma I see in placing more emphasis on one or the other. Ill revise my thinking and say that they are both more so equally important. for every full swing, there needs to be a 3/4 swing as well as a half swing so that you can still make sure to keep good position throughout the entire swing. But that we also match up the benefits of different types of practice with their ease of mastery and what that is dependent on. I think i will see where that philosophy leads. start to practice them equally as much and see how the improvement goes. It is always great to hear this feedback to help me revise my thoughts on the golf swing. appreciate it @DaveP043
    • Well it is not as simple as just throwing my leg up. It would be more of a result of increased momentum of my turn. I do try to catch the ball on my upswing  and hope to carry it through.
    • I don't think you would want to do it on purpose.  Meaning like @MRR stated you don't want to do it consciously as this involves different muscles and memory patterns and will probably throw your swing off.  I'm not sure that any of these guys realize they are doing it.  Obviously they have seen it while watching themselves, but I don't think its something they were trying to do for extra power.  Bubba Watson does it too, so its not just the "vertically challenged" that do it they are just swinging at 120+mph so that's the result of it.
    •  If Donald Ross didn't visit the site of a golf course when asked to design it, what process did he use to design the golf courses? Did he required any sort of geographical information, like a survey? Here's an excerpt from a letter he wrote to Ponkapoag:
      "I will require a general plan of the property on a scale of one inch equals one hundred feet and contours at five foot intervals to be supplied by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. After the course is laid out I will submit a general plan of the whole layout and also individual plans and specifications for each hole. Mr. Walter B. Hatch, my Associate...expects to call on you..." In the case of Ponkapoag, he did visit. However, the letter gives you some sense of how part of that process worked. ......................................................
          How would you describe his philosophy when it came to designing a golf course? Ah, one could write an entire book on that alone. There's a large chapter on that in the Ross book (I did another book on how they transformed the barren wasteland of Pinehurst into a dreamworld previously: amazon.com/author/chrisbuie)
      He tried to incorporate all the natural features of the land. He tried to accommodate a wide variety of playing levels. He wanted thinking/strategy to be part of the experience. There are many, many different parts to how he approached design.
      Basically, he tried to make his designs as invigorating and intriguing and enjoyable as he could. ......................................................
       Did he actually visit the Lucerne area to see the course or was this a "postcard" design?  And are there very many Donald Ross 9 hole courses remaining?
      I don't think there are an abundance of 9 hole courses. In the appendix of my book there is a complete list (as we know it at this time) of all his courses. One of the items noted is how many holes he designed at each course. Regarding Lucerne, have a look here and tell me what you think and we'll discuss further:
      http://givenmemoriallibrary.net/vex/vex1/67EEF659-E134-4E4C-8C8E-397028601766.htm That is from the Tufts Archives in Pinehurst, by the way. It is an organization absolutely worth supporting.
      http://giventufts.org/tufts-archives You can find information on many of the individual courses here:
      http://givenmemoriallibrary.net/vex/vex1/toc.htm  
    • Now THERE is a VLOG! I just wanted to bump this thread for a few reasons: To get it going again. I want people to consider vlogging their rounds this season. It's fun, and editing can be fun (and it can be pretty painless, especially once you get good at it). To point out that we have a new VLOG award! It's not been awarded to anyone yet, but you can find it here: https://thesandtrap.com/awards/category/2-site-awards/. To earn this badge you have to have completed 3 VLOGs and posted them here. VLOGs should be at least seven holes, since that's what counts for a nine-hole round posted for handicap. To encourage people to post VLOGs of OTHER people playing. It doesn't just have to be us. It can be like the above. I think the Newport Cup applications have led to some really nice VLOGs already. Let's see some more!
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Judah Ben-Hur
      Judah Ben-Hur
      (55 years old)
    2. Kalnoky
      Kalnoky
      (41 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon