Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wooly

Need help finding a forgiving set of irons

7 posts in this topic

My $199 walter hagen clubs have called it quits on me after 2 1/2 months so im still a beginner golfer, but im willing to spend some money now since I know I love the game. The only forgiving clubs I have tried are the ping G20's. And I really like them. But im sure there are other forgiving clubs out there. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

The Nike vrs irons are doing a good job for me, and they'll be a little cheaper now that Nike have brought out the new coverts!

I played the Ping G20's all last year and loved them. With the intro of the G25's, Ping has reduced the G20's in price....great bang for your buck.

Originally Posted by aangel

I played the Ping G20's all last year and loved them. With the intro of the G25's, Ping has reduced the G20's in price....great bang for your buck.

This is true. And if you can find a store that still has G15's.... big savings for clubs that will meet your needs. I love my G15's. If they were more forgiving, it would be cheating. (I suck, but hit great shots sometimes. GOT to be the clubs, haha.)

All of the manufacturers make great quality clubs. It really comes down to fit and preference. Most of the manufacturers that make SGI clubs have last years model on sale to close out the model. I asked a few weeks back and I believe that Ping will still make a set of G15s fit to you if you go in for a fitting. Ping also has great resale value and people have said good customer service to boot.

My new Wilson Staff Di9 set is working for me. I've hit 150 balls at the range and played 3 rounds with them and have dropped 10+ strokes in 3 weeks since getting them. Broke 100 for the first time last weekend, and shot a 90 today.

Check the Adams line.   Read the reviews.    You'll be impressed.  They have all levels,  from scratch golfers to game improvement clubs.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades