Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikelegacy

Pittsburgh golfers

11 posts in this topic

Anyone else in Pittsburgh getting ready for the season? I'm pumped!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Originally Posted by mikelegacy

Anyone else in Pittsburgh getting ready for the season?

I'm pumped!

I got out today. :)

You should start a group: http://thesandtrap.com/groups/

Here are some others:

http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/70/desert-dwellers-golf-group-southern-central-arizona

http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/69/midwest-golfers

http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/65/socal-golfers

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Let us know when the Pittsburgh group is ready to challenge the Socal group to a TST Ryder cup match!!!  Bring it!

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Let us know when the Pittsburgh group is ready to challenge the Socal group to a TST Ryder cup match!!!  Bring it!

Uh, we have Oakmont.

We'll win.

Especially since all we'll have to do to throw you off your swing is mention something about neck tilts under our breath and you'll go all weird on yourself. :D

Originally Posted by mikelegacy

Anyone else in Pittsburgh getting ready for the season?

I'm pumped!

It's been a tough winter. I played Monday at Conley's: $16 for 18 holes and $13 for 9. No carts were allowed out, but that was okay by me, I always like to walk whenever possible.

Note: these are winter rates. They go much higher when the weather gets nice.

Anyone else in Pittsburgh getting ready for the season? I'm pumped!

Very anxious to get out. So tired of winter. Wish I would have been able to get out on one of those nice days. Wow, I havent played Conley's in a long time.

Come on down to NC. Just leave your Penguins stuff at home.

All you have to do is give visitors a taste of the Iron City (not sure I can put true spelling on here) beer and you win. That stuff will peel the chrome off a trailer hitch. Gives Peels a run for their money (in name and lethality).  Do they even sell that stuff over the counter anymore?

Originally Posted by Grumpter

All you have to do is give visitors a taste of the Iron City (not sure I can put true spelling on here) beer and you win. That stuff will peel the chrome off a trailer hitch. Gives Peels a run for their money (in name and lethality).  Do they even sell that stuff over the counter anymore?

When I was stationed at Little Rock AFB, my friend who is also from Pittsburgh would drive home and bring us back each a case of that stuff. During a fire alarm evacuation one night we gave some to a guy from Wisconsin. He drank half the can (completely sober) and then threw up.

Some years later I was in Oklahoma City for training and bought a six pack of that from a package store. I took 1 chug then threw the rest out. It's pretty rancid once you get away from it for awhile.

IRT topic: Before moving to Georgia, I used to live on the Southside. My brother and I would hit South Park and RIverview regularly; even with some snow/ice on the ground. Get out there and play guys regardless of the cold.

P.S. I love Georgia winters!

Originally Posted by Grumpter

Iron City is now made at the Latrobe Brewery that was once used to produce Rolling Rock. My family LOVED Iron City. My college buddies and I would drink it because it was cheap, (and that was 40 years ago.)  Rolling Rock beer was sold to Anheuser-Busch in mid 2006, which transferred brewing operations to New Jersey. Loved Rolling Rock, but when they left Latrobe, I've boycotted it ever since.

Gumpter - You are correct that Iron City would take the chrome off of a trail hitch, it also could grow hair on your chest, even if you are a female.

Believe it or not, Iron City now makes Iron City Light Mango and Iron City Light Berry!  I don't even want to try that stuff.

Iron City is awful awful beer. There are a few noteworthy mircrobreweries in Pittsburgh making some great beer though (East End, Fat Heads). Yuengling is my go to regular beer (not Pittsburgh, but PA anyways).

I've played once so far and look at the forecast everyday....and cry.