IGNORED

Nicest pros?

Davie81
Note: This thread is 4059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

Nobody's saying Tiger is one of the "nicest pros." Though he does treat his fellow golfers rather well, by their accounts.

Except if your name is Phil Mickelson apparently? :)

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I worked the Canadian Open last year and I got an opportunity to work the pro-am as well as some tournament rounds. During the Pro-am the nicest pro was Tim Clark. I was talking to him about how he likes the belly putter and he took the time to chat with me for about 5 minutes signed a hat, shook my hand, and said I was doing a good job, that really stuck with me. During the tournament I worked the Sunday afternoon and was tasked with walking with Josh Teater and Bud Cauley. During a delay in play after playing the 6th hole I got a chance to talk with them. Bud had just made a birdie on maybe the toughest par 3 on the course. He and Josh were talking about their favourite US colleges, Josh's is Kentucky and Bud went to Alabama. We had a great little 10 minute conversation about college football, golf and I gave them a little info about the CFL. They were really nice about the whole thing, Bud even asked for an ice cream from the stand just past the next tee box.

I was the only person following Gary Woodland last Tuesday during his practice round. I got a kick out of the fact that his bag had a speaker attached and he was listening to hip-hop music along w/ some pop stuff while practicing on the course. He's former NCAA basketball player so I think it's like a shoot-around when music is played for the players before games. I thanked Gary for coming to the airbase to give a clinic last year and he came over to the ropes and introduced himself and asked my name and told he me had a good time at the base.  I asked about his equipment etc, and he said he was about to "blast off" in the coming weeks (he failed to make the cut today, unfortunately). Anyway, I was impressed w/ Gary last year at the clinic and nowadays the way he responded to me as a "fan/spectator". Sorry that he didn't make the cut......maybe next week.

Nicest guys I met were some club pros who had qualified for the U.S. Senior Open at Bellerive in 2004. More of them than normal qualified, because it was an Olympic year and the Senior Open bumped close to the date of the British Open. Several Champions tour players skipped it to head for the British Open,opening up more slots for regional qualifiers.

I walked with one such guy from Texas who had a 9 AM Sunday tee off time, not exactly in the running. He talked to me throughout the round, asked me about the game. (Sorry I can't remember his name). I could understand why he was so upbeat: He had made the cut, and would take home about $15,000 for a really fun week playing golf.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!