IGNORED

This new football rule suggestion...

tmf9
Note: This thread is 4056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Should the NFL pass the rule outlawing running backs from leading with the crown of their helmet?

• Yes
    • No

Okay after seeing that rule, I'm more ok with it.  I was under the impression that this only was for running backs.  Still not a big fan of the rule though, we will see how it plays out but I still for see a lot of running backs getting cracked in the open field

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I've been coaching for about 5-7 of the last 10-12 years since I finished playing college.  I always emphasize keeping the facemask up.  As you allude to, if the body is leaning in toward the target with the shoulders down, the head necessarily has to be in front of the body and is technically also "down".  If you look down at the ground then the facemask is parallel to the ground.  If you're looking at the target, the facemask will be at more of an angle, but that should do enough to prevent spearing or launching crown-first into the target.  The lower the hips/butt are, the easier it is to maintain a proper angle of attack at impact.

It's the proper way to tackle if you have the right equipment and neither player has reached full speed, otherwise it's a great way to break your neck too.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

It's the proper way to tackle if you have the right equipment and neither player has reached full speed, otherwise it's a great way to break your neck too.

Obviously I'm over-simplifying a bit for the sake of time.  The head is ideally always off to the side of the target.  Let's be real...it doesn't really matter what position it's in if it is caught at full speed behind the weight of your torso and somebody else's with direct contact.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Keep in mind, they cant lower their head when in THE OPEN FIELD.  If they are on the 1 and are trying to run through the pile, they can lower their head all day long.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 4056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!