IGNORED

How many here are guilty of ever hitting into anyone?

tmf9
Note: This thread is 3829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Never hit into someone on purpose (and I'm inclined to add "of course").

By accident? Never hit anyone, but have of course gotten close enough to feel uncomfortable. :p  When stuck behind some group I just try to calm down and enjoy he benches they have out there. When just practicing, I usually skip a hole to get past the slow groups that are dead set on not letting anyone play through...

Never on purpose, but today I went with the folks. Mom hits her tee on par 4, almost hits guy on green. Dad and I wait till they move to the next tee ( which happens to be just sideways of green), Dad hits, hooks it, lands another right at their feet. An apology was in order to say the least...

I always wait

When I was 20ish I went golfing with my uncle and his pre-teen son and we were teeing up on a par 3 he duffs his shot out of bounds, so his son runs out about 60 yards to get the ball before we were finished at the teebox. Not sure why. So he tees up again and blades it again and it goes straight at his kid still standing out there 60 yards away and hits him in the collarbone and bounces up and gashes his kids chin (stiches required) . Kinda hard to explain that one at the emergency room. Freak accident. Whats the chances?  After witnessing that , I always wait....its not worth it.

I did it Friday morning on a links style course. Completely unintentional. I was on the tee at 11, they were on the tee at 10, wasn't having a good day so far and the tension caused me to tighten up and toe the @#$!% out of my driver and I landed on the tee back of 10. I never even saw where the ball went, hit a provisional, and when I was headed to it after searching the right fairway/rough for my initial shot the guys pulling off the tee on 10 called to me that mine was on their box hahaha.

910 D2 10.5  910F 3w  910H 19*

712 AP1 4-GW  Vokey SM4 54* and 58*

Select Golo  E5

Never on purpose, but today I went with the folks. Mom hits her tee on par 4, almost hits guy on green. Dad and I wait till they move to the next tee ( which happens to be just sideways of green), Dad hits, hooks it, lands another right at their feet. An apology was in order to say the least...

Your mom nearly drove the green on a par 4?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

You guys must have some real jerks on your course...I have rolled a couple of drives or long 3 woods onto the greens in front of me when it is a busy day.  I of course wave an apology, and then apologize again if I see them, and each time they have just said "No problem, great shot!"

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Your mom goes to college.

I give up...I don't get it.

Your mom goes to college.

Haha, it was a 275er, so short par 4, but yes, she hit a good one and almost hit the green. We normally let her hit on even the short par 4s because she usually hits quite a bit shorter... But there are always those miracle shots...

I have been hit twice and it not good! Having said that I have hit into/ near others, unintentionally, not seen them in dead ground etc/ not paying attention. Ignorant people not aware they are holding others up can be a pain, but it is still pretty hard to justify hitting others. Although its confrontational, its better to say something to them rather than risk hitting someone.

Originally Posted by Mozgolf

Although its confrontational, its better to say something to them rather than risk hitting someone.

It doesn't have to confrontational.  It can just be a conversation.  That's kind of up to the players.

This kind of thing would be a lot easier if players weren't juvenile and waited until they get all steamed up.

It's just a game.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by rehmwa

It doesn't have to confrontational.  It can just be a conversation.  That's kind of up to the players.

This kind of thing would be a lot easier if players weren't juvenile and waited until they get all steamed up.

It's just a game.

True, it's about how you do it.

This weekend I played with a couple guys who I met on the tee box.  We were behind some complete novices (I won't get into it).  They picked up my playing partner's ball twice during the round.  The guy was pissed, so I was the one who approached them.

The first time they denied it (playing partner said he saw it happen...I didn't).  I said, "okay thanks, just checking."  My partner never found his ball, and we all saw where it landed quite clearly.  The second time I saw them pick it up.  I was a bit upset about it, and when I approached the 2nd time I was prepared to call them out for it if they denied it again.  They didn't deny it and gave the ball back, and I simply said, "that's the 2nd time you've done it, you gotta stop doing that."

I guess you would ask why they picked up his ball twice if they were in front of us.  So I have to get into it anyway.  For some inexplicable reason, they would hit their tee shots, and then each person in both carts would drive to the other person's ball.  Almost every hole, this would result in them driving to somebody's ball that was out of range of our tee shots, and then driving BACKWARDS in the fairway 50-100 yards towards us, and then having somebody else hit their ball.  Sometimes they would do this after one of us had already teed off, leaving us very confused.  Twice it resulted in them picking up my partner's ball.

It was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.  If I didn't know any better, I'd assume they had the rules confused and they thought for whatever reason that the person closest to the pin had the honors of hitting next, instead of the person furthest from the pin.

• 6 months later...

I have done it a few times and had it happen to me a few times. The only bad reaction was a one legged golferwho was kind of a dick, he stepped on my ball. Caught up with him later and kicked him in his good leg.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

No, Kidding Kidding. We caught up to him later and asked why he stepped on the ball, he said it came too close to him and we didn't warn him with a "fore". I explained that we couldn't see the ball because of the sun and that it traveled much farther than we thought. Actually ended up playing the last two holes with him that day, he never really warmed up to me though.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

I had a weird one at my course, it was a par 3 and we waited for these 2 guys in a kart for a while, the next hole is up a hill to the right of par 3 green, after a while these guys were up on the top tier for the par 5, in their kart, so I just hit my shot, it went to the back of the green, as my friend was about to tee of, they started coming back down to the green.

I'm guessing they were looking for a ball, but because they were taking forever, and both drove up to the top tier, I presumed they were playing the next hole.

Did it earlier this week.  Had about 185 to the pin from the rough and chose a 7-iron trying to just get over some trees and drop it in front of the green.  Hit kind of a pulled, running draw flier that must have bounced right past the group in front of me while they were sitting on the cart path behind a bunker on the far side of the green. The ball had to of traveled 200+ yards but I couldn't see where it finished and while looking for it to the front left of the green the guy in the cart directed me to it in an obviously salty manner.  I apologized and indicated that I had taken less club but for whatever reason it had carried out much farther than it should.  He didn't seem inclined to accept the apology so I let it go and played my ball.

Wanted to remind him that if he would write down his scores and do whatever other house keeping he constantly seemed inclined to do at the next tee box instead of near the green no close calls would have been in play. The guy had been doing that all day long but in the big picture I knew I was more at fault in this situation and just kept my mouth shut.

Note: This thread is 3829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!