IGNORED

chipping video........with results

logman
Note:Β This thread is 4044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by logman

Crisply??? Mate did you get to the end of the vid?

Why would I have to see the end of the video when the shots were struck at the beginning? None of them were struck crisply.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by RetroJFrancisco

Did I say anything about results? No..

So I guess you play golf to look like you can play golf, not for the results?

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

So I guess you play golf to look like you can play golf, not for the results?

I said "If it works for you then who cares"

And I stand by that.. I said nothing of results.. Or looking like I can play golf.

Originally Posted by iacas

Why would I have to see the end of the video when the shots were struck at the beginning? None of them were struck crisply.

Sorry mate but they were all solid, crisp, sweet, nice, um, whatever word you want. But this is getting a bit silly eh!

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Originally Posted by meenman

I think you should start your own golf school - it would be cool to see millions using your techniques and we would all know where it started!

Not my work Meenman. Kuykendalls "toss" , Gary Travis death grip chipping technique...... and a bit of fiddling on my part.

PS the trusty 49 degree niblick is a very handy stick! I just wish they'd bring out a 60 wedge and squeeze up the gaps a little.

Logman - I've always appreciated your threads and posts, because they are very entertaining. For the first time, I just can't resist chiming in... As others have said, I think it's great that you embrace this style of swing and commit to it. You obviously have a passion for it. But, it's not a fundamentally sound way to hit a golf ball. Your short pitch shot video shows that your arms and hands are dominating your shot, As others have said, good luck consistently timing that... As for the results, I can only wonder how many "takes" you shot before you were comfortable with your results (don't worry to respond to this, as I KNOW you'll tell me it was the first take). Erik hit the nail on the head about a better camera angle and hitting a mid-iron. I can't imagine you could ever compress the ball and produce a consistent descending blow by trying to time your arms and wrists releasing perfectly. You post a bunch of stuff, even videos. You rave on and on about the merits of your methods. What amuses me is that you're not willing to back it up... Man up and post proper vids of a 5 iron swing. Your swing is awesome, right? Why not do it?

• Administrator

Sorry mate but they were all solid, crisp, sweet, nice, um, whatever word you want. But this is getting a bit silly eh!

No they weren't.Β Listen to them.

We can keep this up all week...

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You guys make me laugh. Ha ha ha ha!

I can't understand why Logman is so intent on wanting other people to use his unorthodox techniques but I must admit he's got a pair for throwing them out there and standing up for them.

I also can't understand why anybody in the world would give a crap on a ball they chipped in the hole whether or not the shot was "crisp". Especially if they're happy with it and can do it consistently.

Not a chance in Hell I would chip with that technique but then again there's not a chance in Hell anyone would want to copy my full swing techniques (and I would certainly advise them against it).

Originally Posted by boil3rmak3r

Logman - I've always appreciated your threads and posts, because they are very entertaining. For the first time, I just can't resist chiming in...

As others have said, I think it's great that you embrace this style of swing and commit to it. You obviously have a passion for it. But, it's not a fundamentally sound way to hit a golf ball. Your short pitch shot video shows that your arms and hands are dominating your shot, As others have said, good luck consistently timing that... As for the results, I can only wonder how many "takes" you shot before you were comfortable with your results (don't worry to respond to this, as I KNOW you'll tell me it was the first take).

Erik hit the nail on the head about a better camera angle and hitting a mid-iron. I can't imagine you could ever compress the ball and produce a consistent descending blow by trying to time your arms and wrists releasing perfectly.

You post a bunch of stuff, even videos. You rave on and on about the merits of your methods. What amuses me is that you're not willing to back it up...

Man up and post proper vids of a 5 iron swing. Your swing is awesome, right? Why not do it?

Thanks mate, you're right about the arms...it's all arms and shoulders. The Idea is to create a solid moving mass of stick arms shoulders, then just pushing with the bottom arm. And believe me it was one take!!

Did you try Golfing Machine Hitting ? That's also a move powered by the trail arm but with more structure (straight left arm, flat left wrist), it's relatively easy to learn as far as pitching and chipping is concerned (look for Lynn Blakes videos or John Furze's, there's not a lot of people teaching to my knowledge).

solid and repeatable.

accelerating trough the ball, pretty much textbook chipping.
if one want more control, shorten the backswing and it beats anything as it will hop and stop.

Robert Something

Crisply??? Mate did you get to the end of the vid? 2 stone dead, 1 at 3 feet, 1 at 7 feet one at 10 feet one at 20 feet......not crisp enough for you?

Chip or pitch? the shots were played from about 30/35 meters. I don't know what the difference between the 2. I'll basically use this setup from just on the fringe to 50 or 60 meters.

I think by crisp he means the club isn't hitting down on the ball enough, which means instead of clean, crisp contact you're going to catch grass between the ball and club resulting in a loss of spin control.Β  But I could be wrong.Β  That's what I think of when I hear "crisp".

I haven't tried this myself, but are these results typical for you?Β  I mean, from about 50 yards out, you hit 6 within 20 feet of your target (which equates to a 40' diameter circle, right?).Β  I realize you're a better golfer (based on your handicap) than I am, but I guess I would have assumed you'd be hitting them a lot more consistently with a 12 handicap index.Β  Is this just because it's a new technique for you and you're just getting it down, or is my perception of what it takes to get to a certain level of golfing success skewed for some reason?

Hope none of that comes across the wrong way.

Originally Posted by dave67az

I think by crisp he means the club isn't hitting down on the ball enough, which means instead of clean, crisp contact you're going to catch grass between the ball and club resulting in a loss of spin control.Β  But I could be wrong.Β  That's what I think of when I hear "crisp".

I haven't tried this myself, but are these results typical for you?Β  I mean, from about 50 yards out, you hit 6 within 20 feet of your target (which equates to a 40' diameter circle, right?).Β  I realize you're a better golfer (based on your handicap) than I am, but I guess I would have assumed you'd be hitting them a lot more consistently with a 12 handicap index.Β  Is this just because it's a new technique for you and you're just getting it down, or is my perception of what it takes to get to a certain level of golfing success skewed for some reason?

Hope none of that comes across the wrong way.

No worries Dave67az. Yeah I was pretty happy with the shots. 2 gimme's 1, 3 footer,1 at about 8 feet, and 2 that rolled past. But anyway that's just me. Give it a go and see how you go.

Originally Posted by Etzwane

Did you try Golfing Machine Hitting ? That's also a move powered by the trail arm but with more structure (straight left arm, flat left wrist), it's relatively easy to learn as far as pitching and chipping is concerned (look for Lynn Blakes videos or John Furze's, there's not a lot of people teaching to my knowledge).

Yes, I tried the straight front arm and that works equally well. The only reason I prefer to bend the front arm is that it's consistent with my main swing and it's just comfortable. The big trick though IMHO is to eliminate wrist movement. So no cocking, no nuthin. I mean your not trying to get power your just trying to present a solid, braced, rigid structure to the ball, not a wristy, flexible, spaghetti arm(if you know what I mean).

Originally Posted by MS256

You guys make me laugh. Ha ha ha ha!

I can't understand why Logman is so intent on wanting other people to use his unorthodox techniques but I must admit he's got a pair for throwing them out there and standing up for them.

I also can't understand why anybody in the world would give a crap on a ball they chipped in the hole whether or not the shot was "crisp". Especially if they're happy with it and can do it consistently.

Not a chance in Hell I would chip with that technique but then again there's not a chance in Hell anyone would want to copy my full swing techniques (and I would certainly advise them against it).

That's only because the guy is completely clueless and a terrible golfer!!!

It is funny how a complete and utter hack can believe he is a "player" with his form! Logman reminds me of Phillip on Survivor, completely clueless to the world around him and he really believes he's a secret agent! Having seen Logman's swing videos I seriously doubt he could break 100 by USGA rules so I guess slamming him further is equal to picking on the kids that ride the "short" bus to school. The guy is just not all thereΒ and it's really a matter of him being ignorant moreΒ than him having balls!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood:Β Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNCΒ Β 

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58*Β CNCΒ Β 

Putters:Β Scotty Cameron NewportΒ IIΒ 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Logman, if you used to be a hockey player (I did too) you might appreciate this one. He's talking ice hockey not field hockey there's enough similarities.

I've only tried it once but put it to a few feet.

Originally Posted by Mordan

Logman, if you used to be a hockey player (I did too) you might appreciate this one. He's talking ice hockey not field hockey there's enough similarities.

I've only tried it once but put it to a few feet.

That's gold Mordan. Awesome bit of thinking.

Note:Β This thread is 4044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!