• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
logman

chipping video........with results

44 posts in this topic

Shot this little chipping video the other day.

This style really works for me.

So the thing that makes it work is the fully separated hands. maybe 2 or 3 inches between the hands, enough so that the club, hands, wrists and arms are all one big arrangement.

I try to feel that the bottom hand is underhand tossing (like Kuykendall's toss technique.) the ball.

So far I haven't found a situation where this method doesn't work. I can pitch and run with it and fligh a 56 wedge right at the pin with it.

So anyway watch to the end to see the results

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Says it's blocked by "UEFA."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You stole video about pitching from a soccer federation? :-P No wonder you're a 12 handicap!

Shot this little chipping video the other day.

This style really works for me.

So the thing that makes it work is the fully separated hands. maybe 2 or 3 inches between the hands, enough so that the club, hands, wrists and arms are all one big arrangement.

I try to feel that the bottom hand is underhand tossing (like Kuykendall's toss technique.) the ball.

So far I haven't found a situation where this method doesn't work. I can pitch and run with it and fligh a 56 wedge right at the pin with it.

So anyway watch to the end to see the results

Strange technique, but I get the gist. Is your bottom hand under the club?

Kinda, my top hand thumb runs straight down in line of the club and the grip sits in the life line of the bottom hand.

Have you ever played ice hockey?  I think you would be very good at it.  If you are comfortable with the technique, stick with it.

Unconventional. Reminds me of your full swing. You were apparently a hockey player in a former life. But if it works for you, great. I would not encourage others to learn the same, which is probably why you have a disclaimer. With the hands separated on the grip, the right hand could take over and cause a flip. Not for you, but for others...

Hey I got moved.....WEIRD!

I forgot to add. I reckon this system would work even better for those guys that play with their dominant hand on the bottom. I'm right handed but play left but I reckon the tossing feel with the bottom hand would be even better on a bottom hand dominant player.

The other thing I've noticed is if you can keep the club,wrist,arm arrangement stiff. then there is nothing else to think of. I mean, no body movement, not wrist cocking, no break and hold move, no weight issues Nothing. It's very unathletic, and very mechanical. Just swing the club.

Originally Posted by logman

Hey I got moved.....WEIRD!

I forgot to add. I reckon this system would work even better for those guys that play with their dominant hand on the bottom. I'm right handed but play left but I reckon the tossing feel with the bottom hand would be even better on a bottom hand dominant player.

The other thing I've noticed is if you can keep the club,wrist,arm arrangement stiff. then there is nothing else to think of. I mean, no body movement, not wrist cocking, no break and hold move, no weight issues Nothing. It's very unathletic, and very mechanical. Just swing the club.

I guess the disclaimer is valid.

A dominant bottom hand, with the hands separated, may more easily turn into a flip, as I stated in my post above.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I guess the disclaimer is valid.

A dominant bottom hand, with the hands separated, may more easily turn into a flip, as I stated in my post above.

Agreed. None of those shots are struck "crisply."

That's not a chip shot in my opinion. More of a pitch.

And Rupert, when you shoot your 5-iron video, use a good camera angle. None of this "on the ground so nobody can see your contact points, divots, etc." stuff.

It looks pretty 36 handicapperish, but if it works for you then who cares!

Originally Posted by RetroJFrancisco

It looks pretty 36 handicapperish, but if it works for you then who cares!

Sorry mate did you get to the end? is that's the work of a 36 handicapper???

I think you should start your own golf school - it would be cool to see millions using your techniques and we would all know where it started!

Originally Posted by iacas

Agreed. None of those shots are struck "crisply."

That's not a chip shot in my opinion. More of a pitch.

And Rupert, when you shoot your 5-iron video, use a good camera angle. None of this "on the ground so nobody can see your contact points, divots, etc." stuff.

Crisply??? Mate did you get to the end of the vid? 2 stone dead, 1 at 3 feet, 1 at 7 feet one at 10 feet one at 20 feet......not crisp enough for you?

Chip or pitch? the shots were played from about 30/35 meters. I don't know what the difference between the 2. I'll basically use this setup from just on the fringe to 50 or 60 meters.

Originally Posted by logman

Sorry mate did you get to the end? is that's the work of a 36 handicapper???

Did I say anything about results? No..