• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matt2uy

My Swing (matt2uy)

3 posts in this topic

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 years

My current handicap index or average score is: haven't played since last October, but I usually shot around 105

My typical ball flight is: Draws, hooks and straight shots

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Pull hook

6 Iron:

4 Iron:

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Let me start with I am no expert, but it looks to me like your club face is closed, meaning the club face is facing skyward, at the top of your back swing.  The other issue I see,  again let me emphasis I am not an expert, it looks like the club is laid off at the top of your back swing.  Meaning it is pointed right of the target at the top of your back swing.  This typically causes blocks to your left or pull hooks if you roll your hands/arms through impact to stop it from going left.  Hopefully someone will confirm or argue against what I said to get you some more(or maybe correct) info.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:
Let me start with I am no expert, but it looks to me like your club face is closed, meaning the club face is facing skyward, at the top of your back swing.  The other issue I see,  again let me emphasis I am not an expert, it looks like the club is laid off at the top of your back swing.  Meaning it is pointed right of the target at the top of your back swing.  This typically causes blocks to your left or pull hooks if you roll your hands/arms through impact to stop it from going left.  Hopefully someone will confirm or argue against what I said to get you some more(or maybe correct) info.

Thanks for the advice. I agree that the shut club face as well as being laid off might have something to do with the blocks and hooks.
This might not be related but i'm still adjusting to my new irons from when I got them last Saturday. Ever since then I've been playing with graphite junior clubs, if that makes a difference.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • I didn't think this was appropriate to put in the Contest thread, but I predicted that the Ryder Cup will end in eerily similar fashion to the 2015 Newport Cup, with the eldest Euro chipping in on the 18th, to win his match and halve the overall Cup.
    • After finally clearing my head from that 90 minutes of assault on the grey matter, I've come to the conclusion that trying to do the mental gymnastics necessary to make sense out of what Clinton and Trump were saying made me dumber for about 24 hours. Especially Trump. I still can't believe one party actually nominated him. IMO he's a buffoon. A school yard bully who got thoroughly beat up, despite scoring a few points early on. But scoring points isn't what it's about to me. It's making sense and hearing policy and whether or not said policies violate the Constitution.  In my opinion, both candidates need to read that document. In my opinion, our law makers need to read that document because they're writing laws that tread on the edges of violating our rights. Take the Comprehensive Crime Bill of 1984 otherwise known as the War on Drugs for example. It created a bunch of forfeiture laws where the government can seize property if they have reasonable cause that a drug related crime has been or is being committed. This has lead to people who are transporting large sums of cash having that seized by law enforcement. Buying airline tickets with cash is a red flag to law enforcement. They want a credit record of your purchase. If you are pulled over for speeding, an officer may ask you how much cash you are carrying. Of course you don't have to answer him, but most people think that they have nothing to hide so they tell the officer. If the amount is over a couple hundred, the officer may have a K-9 unit come sniff the car and even if they find nothing, they may confiscate the cash saying that you were going to buy drugs with it at your destination. You can't prove that you weren't. They let you go. It's your property that got charged with the crime. 4th Amendment violation? Where's the due process? No Fly No Buy? Or Terrorist Watch list no buy? These lists are secret lists. Both candidates endorse this practice to infringe on the 2nd Amendment. Where's the due process? It's some secret process. You don't know you're on it, and once you're refused a purchase you get to petition the government to appear before the Senate to clear your name. Good luck with that. This is a violation of the 5th and 6th amendments. Holt should have gone after both Clinton and Trump on this. People told me that "Trump would protect our rights here. He has the backing of the NRA." I knew he would sell us out because he's a moron. I was right. He was agreeing with Clinton. Stop and frisk? Under Terry, law enforcement has to have reasonable suspicion that you're about to commit a crime.This means something like casing an establishment. Walking in a group doesn't give reasonable suspicion. That's a violation of the 4th amendment.  In the end I felt dumber after watching this. I did stupid things for the next 24 hours. It gave me a headache. I think I'll skip the next one. Both candidates are disasters. It's just that one is an intelligent disaster and the other is a moron. And Trump cannot go more than 10 minutes without putting his foot in his mouth. He doesn't get to say something where it's recorded on video and then say he never said it. That doesn't wash. He needs fat people to vote for him. He needs women to vote for him and instead of apologizing he insulted us again. He needed Afro-Americans and he brought up stop and frisk - racial profiling? He doesn't think it would be applied without racial profiling? Are you kidding me? That's all I have to say. I have to go out and stock up on ammo before there's a shortage. I'm not expecting a war. It's target plinking ammo, but you know how people get.  
    • For me this is something I continue to work on.  For me what works is making as big of a turn on my backswing as I can and thinking "slam my hands down" at the start of my downswing.  Of course all that is to keep me from going over the top.
    • Team Europe retains the Ryder Cup by tying the matches, 14-14. Rory McIlroy will lead Europe with 3.5 points (3-1-1). Lee Westwood will clinch the overall tie for the Ryder Cup for Europe by winning his match on the 18th hole. You can see my GAME GOLF profile here: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/davep04  
    • TopFlight  D2 Feel / Distance / Straight...... any of those are a good ball for the $$  not complete rocks like the XL7000s or 3000s 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. wadekilpatrick76
      wadekilpatrick76
      (40 years old)
  • Blog Entries