IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

Note: This thread is 3965 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

• Los Angeles
    • Orange County
    • Inland Empire
    • San Diego
    • Other...

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

There are still 3 guys that never responded to me... Which was strange.  So if someone bails... Let me know.  I could always circle back and possibly get someone to fill in for whomever dropped(drops).

Sounds good... hopefully nobody will drop out, but good to know just in case. Also, your handicap says "Bad," what should I have you at? I think right now I have it at a 6, is that right?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Sounds good... hopefully nobody will drop out, but good to know just in case. Also, your handicap says "Bad," what should I have you at? I think right now I have it at a 6, is that right?

Check the PM. 5.7

Check the PM. 5.7

Whoops... saw Mike's and Dan's in there but missed your's completely.  Thanks.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Since I'll be in the OC that Sunday, I'm making myself available if anyone is interested in individual lessons from me Saturday June 22nd or even later that afternoon on Sunday, send me a pm and I'll give you the details.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Sandbagger!!

It's gonna go back down, yes.  If that's sand bagging?  Then I don't know what to say!

Originally Posted by mvmac

Since I'll be in the OC that Sunday, I'm making myself available if anyone is interested in individual lessons from me Saturday June 22nd or even later that afternoon on Sunday, send me a pm and I'll give you the details.

Mike, lets talk.

Mike, lets talk.

If you get a lesson before the tournament I'm taking at least one stroke off of your handicap.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Found this review of Talega if anybody is interested:

http://oc-la.twoguyswhogolf.com/reviews/talega.html

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Found this review of Talega if anybody is interested:

http://oc-la.twoguyswhogolf.com/reviews/talega.html

Looks like there are some forced carries on the back nine from the blue tees.  So it's a good idea to have the younger ones playing from the whites.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Looks like there are some forced carries on the back nine from the blue tees.  So it's a good idea to have the younger ones playing from the whites.

Yeah, mainly 15.  Depending on where in the box they put the markers, that can play as much as a 210 yard carry to the fairway (and it's completely blind as well) so I concur.

Originally Posted by mvmac

I'm interested.  Also, how do I get in this game, if it's happening?  Please advise.  Thanks!

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

Originally Posted by carrx

I'm interested.  Also, how do I get in this game, if it's happening?  Please advise.  Thanks!

Oh, it's happening.  We're already confirmed for Sunday, June 23rd, 8am, Talega Golf Course in San Clemente.  To get in, you just say you're coming.  (But once you commit, there's no turning back!!)

The more the merrier!

Lets get a formal headcount update!   What are we at as of 6/5?

Matt (mdl) pm'd me today and is coming for sure. I've also received a few other messages from others that confirmed they are coming and their handicaps and all of that.

We have 20 confirmed and 1 more who is a maybe. Lihu's daughter is the maybe and he should be able to let us know for sure one way or another fairly soon. If we have 20 than we'll have 5 foursomes, if we have 21 it'll be 3 foursomes and 3 threesomes.

Here is the list:

1. mvmac

2. tristanhilton85

3. Golfingdad

4. Beachcomber (+2)

5. Pakoh

6. Big C

7. bmartin461

8. mdl

9. bplewis24

10. jefkve

11. hacker101 (+2)

12. justtapitin

13. Lihu (+1, maybe +2)

14. carxx

15. GolfSwine

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Down one more... justtapitin (Andy) pm'd me and said he won't be able to make it this time around... Looks like we are at 20 unless Lihu's daughter can't make it.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

9. bplewis

Ahem.  24.  Very important ;-)

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 3965 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!