• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beachcomber

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

1. 1. What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

• Los Angeles
    • Orange County
    • Inland Empire
    • San Diego
    • Other...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

432 posts in this topic

I received a PM asking if I was going to start this thread... I think it's a great idea.  Glad to see/hear that the number of folks who attended the Spring outing increased over the Winter outing.  So I'd like to see that participation number continue to increase.  And I'm definitely going to find a way to make it to this next tournament!!

So with that being said... Where/when do we want to have the next outing?  I was thinking June would be a solid choice... Especially mid/late June? My vote is for the Inland Empire area as it will be a central location for most of the users here in Socal.  There are some solid courses... And a few that come to mind are:

Goose Creek

Oak Quarry

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Count me in! I voted OC for purely selfish reasons.....but down to play where ever is agreed upon....Looking forward to playing with everyone again....

I voted Inland Empire as well for 2 reasons:

1.  Based on the fact that we have several OC members, a couple of LA area members, SD members, and Palm Springs members, it seems like the most logical central point.  Of course, I'm not opposed to continuing to move it around either, and would play wherever we ended up having it.

2.  I think that we will get the best value out there.  The prices are quite a bit more reasonable than nicer OC courses.

End of June works for me!

I think this place would work [URL=https://www.thelacc.org/]https://www.thelacc.org/[/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/73195/] CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75 [/URL]

I concur! You can get us on there right??.?

OC!

or Sandiego...

or Inland Empire...

Mvmac, if you can get us out there... Lets do it!

The good news is Pakoh can even get out there as he is no longer wearing cargos!! LOL

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

The good news is Pakoh can even get out there as he is no longer wearing cargos!! LOL

lol Yeah unfortunately LACC isn't an option.  I voted for Inland Empire but I'm good with whatever.  I think Mr. Desmond played Oak Quarry and really liked it.

Originally Posted by mvmac

lol Yeah unfortunately LACC isn't an option.  I voted for Inland Empire but I'm good with whatever.  I think Mr. Desmond played Oak Quarry and really liked it.

Hhaha no worries.  Yeah, I've played Oak Quarry and Goose Creek.  Both are very solid courses.  Oak is a little more of a premium... Depending on what guys are willing to spend would really dictate which course.  Personally, I think you get more bang for your buck at Goose.

I'm actually playing Goose on Sunday with GD.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Yes, but are you sure that his pants are "of a tailored nature?"

Me, Langer (^^^sunday at the masters^^^^), and Michael Jordan are gonna get together for "cargo appreciation day"!!!

I gotta say, this new Scotty Cameron putter sure looks good in my bag!!!

I wouldnt be surprised if Beach has another "last minute business trip" just when this event rolls around.

Originally Posted by Pakoh

I wouldnt be surprised if Beach has another "last minute business trip" just when this event rolls around.

Me either. ;)

Ha! Hey, when duty calls...

I expect BP to get his butt down to Socal - and any other lurkers in this Group to make an effort to attend!!

The funny thing about this... I thought the EXACT same thing when I saw BL on the tube on Sunday! LOL

Me, Langer (^^^sunday at the masters^^^^), and Michael Jordan are gonna get together for "cargo appreciation day"!!!

Just thought of something last night and wanted to mention it here: If we're playing in June, it could get a bit warm out in the I.E.

That said, based on what Mr. Desmond had to say about Oak Quarry, I'd really enjoy playing there as long as its not 100+ (degrees)

Originally Posted by jefkve

Just thought of something last night and wanted to mention it here: If we're playing in June, it could get a bit warm out in the I.E.

That said, based on what Mr. Desmond had to say about Oak Quarry, I'd really enjoy playing there as long as its not 100+ (degrees)

true that!   Summer time is the time to play near the beach!

I vote for the IE... temperature wise, it shouldn't be too bad... probably 90s. Oak Quarry would be a great choice, I haven't played it myself but know buddies who have that raved about it. Also have heard very positive things about Goose Creek. Goose Creek is nice because even from the tips it's only 6500ish yards and slopes at 127 so even the higher handicap guys won't get their ass kicked too much. The course where we did AimPoint, Dos Lagos, also looked pretty decent.

Second vote is for the San Diego area... further drive for most but the weather will be a little better. No clue on the course down there.

The Temecula area might also be a solid area. I really like The Links at Summerly in Lake Elsinore and their rates seem to be pretty reasonable.