Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beachcomber

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

0  

  1. 1. What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

    • Los Angeles
      1
    • Orange County
      4
    • Inland Empire
      7
    • San Diego
      2
    • Other...
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

432 posts in this topic

I received a PM asking if I was going to start this thread... I think it's a great idea.  Glad to see/hear that the number of folks who attended the Spring outing increased over the Winter outing.  So I'd like to see that participation number continue to increase.  And I'm definitely going to find a way to make it to this next tournament!!

So with that being said... Where/when do we want to have the next outing?  I was thinking June would be a solid choice... Especially mid/late June? My vote is for the Inland Empire area as it will be a central location for most of the users here in Socal.  There are some solid courses... And a few that come to mind are:

Goose Creek

Oak Quarry

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Count me in! I voted OC for purely selfish reasons.....but down to play where ever is agreed upon....Looking forward to playing with everyone again....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted Inland Empire as well for 2 reasons:

1.  Based on the fact that we have several OC members, a couple of LA area members, SD members, and Palm Springs members, it seems like the most logical central point.  Of course, I'm not opposed to continuing to move it around either, and would play wherever we ended up having it.

2.  I think that we will get the best value out there.  The prices are quite a bit more reasonable than nicer OC courses.

End of June works for me!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think this place would work [URL=https://www.thelacc.org/]https://www.thelacc.org/[/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/73195/] CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75 [/URL]

I concur! You can get us on there right??.?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OC!

or Sandiego...

or Inland Empire...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mvmac, if you can get us out there... Lets do it!

The good news is Pakoh can even get out there as he is no longer wearing cargos!! LOL

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Mvmac, if you can get us out there... Lets do it!

The good news is Pakoh can even get out there as he is no longer wearing cargos!! LOL

lol Yeah unfortunately LACC isn't an option.  I voted for Inland Empire but I'm good with whatever.  I think Mr. Desmond played Oak Quarry and really liked it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

lol Yeah unfortunately LACC isn't an option.  I voted for Inland Empire but I'm good with whatever.  I think Mr. Desmond played Oak Quarry and really liked it.

Hhaha no worries.  Yeah, I've played Oak Quarry and Goose Creek.  Both are very solid courses.  Oak is a little more of a premium... Depending on what guys are willing to spend would really dictate which course.  Personally, I think you get more bang for your buck at Goose.

I'm actually playing Goose on Sunday with GD.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Mvmac, if you can get us out there... Lets do it!

The good news is Pakoh can even get out there as he is no longer wearing cargos!! LOL

Yes, but are you sure that his pants are "of a tailored nature?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Me, Langer (^^^sunday at the masters^^^^), and Michael Jordan are gonna get together for "cargo appreciation day"!!!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta say, this new Scotty Cameron putter sure looks good in my bag!!!

I wouldnt be surprised if Beach has another "last minute business trip" just when this event rolls around.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Pakoh

I wouldnt be surprised if Beach has another "last minute business trip" just when this event rolls around.

Me either. ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Pakoh

I wouldnt be surprised if Beach has another "last minute business trip" just when this event rolls around.

Ha! Hey, when duty calls...

I expect BP to get his butt down to Socal - and any other lurkers in this Group to make an effort to attend!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The funny thing about this... I thought the EXACT same thing when I saw BL on the tube on Sunday! LOL

Originally Posted by Pakoh

Me, Langer (^^^sunday at the masters^^^^), and Michael Jordan are gonna get together for "cargo appreciation day"!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just thought of something last night and wanted to mention it here: If we're playing in June, it could get a bit warm out in the I.E.

That said, based on what Mr. Desmond had to say about Oak Quarry, I'd really enjoy playing there as long as its not 100+ (degrees)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jefkve

Just thought of something last night and wanted to mention it here: If we're playing in June, it could get a bit warm out in the I.E.

That said, based on what Mr. Desmond had to say about Oak Quarry, I'd really enjoy playing there as long as its not 100+ (degrees)

true that!   Summer time is the time to play near the beach!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I vote for the IE... temperature wise, it shouldn't be too bad... probably 90s. Oak Quarry would be a great choice, I haven't played it myself but know buddies who have that raved about it. Also have heard very positive things about Goose Creek. Goose Creek is nice because even from the tips it's only 6500ish yards and slopes at 127 so even the higher handicap guys won't get their ass kicked too much. The course where we did AimPoint, Dos Lagos, also looked pretty decent.

Second vote is for the San Diego area... further drive for most but the weather will be a little better. No clue on the course down there.

The Temecula area might also be a solid area. I really like The Links at Summerly in Lake Elsinore and their rates seem to be pretty reasonable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2017 TST Partners

    PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
  • Posts

    • He started off playing the first hole exactly how he should: fairway, 20-footer for birdie to the fat side of the green, tap-in par.
    • @iacas-Tho it is nice to be able to take your time and type out what you mean to say this is one of the downsides to a forum too-You have to respond to a whole bunch of crap and a person can get all of their thoughts out uninterrupted. If you were been sitting in a room with @natureboy and he started drawing that entirely stupid picture with the lines you could have cut him off and spared all of us the pain of having to watch him so badly miss the point. I bet @natureboy is still going to look at the response-And I bet he is still not going to see where he went wrong. But that is because he is just that way and he is unable to see how stupid his own posts are and how little they actually deal with golf swings. His stick drawing is exactly why you asked for a video-Even though he posted it after you asked. His errors and flaws and stupid thoughts would have been even more evident if he had actually tried to make a vid.
    • Or… golf is hard, and he got hot for awhile. Wouldn't be the first flash in the pan. We'll have to wait to see what the true version is. He could be quiet for ten years and then win a few majors.
    • That makes a great third bullet point. Or a first bullet point, bumping my two down.
    • This photo and the text above illustrate pretty well exactly why I and the entire moderation team is now done with you. The image fails on two levels: The center image is not representative of an actual good golf swing. The right hip is closer to the right foot in the center image, yet you maintain that it's farther away. Whether the second thing is done intentionally or accidentally I don't know. I don't care to know. But it's very representative of how you argue, and why you're now going to be prevented from arguing. You pervert arguments to the point where we're no longer discussing the golf swing. You get basic facts or concepts wrong (like when arguing about course rating, misunderstanding the radius vs. diameter in faulting the rating process for higher handicappers). You focus on some small thing - which often isn't even something anyone else has said - and lose sight of the forest or the big picture. You're not here to help golfers. You're here to "win" an argument, a goal that as yet is unmet, and you have to post absolute crap like the above to try to do it. I had a bit of free time this morning. So I responded to your last post in some detail. It, as one would expect, contains a number of typical @natureboy traits: cherry picking a photo while ignoring the concept, failure to understand basic points, perversion of the statements of others, putting words in the mouths of others, use of vague words like "a lot" (often in combination with the "putting words in the mouths of others), and hyper-focus on some small largely negligible point. Nobody else should waste their time to read the below, or open the spoiler and read that. It will not shed light on anything, it will not help you with your golf swing, and you will not glean any useful information. It exists simply as my last effort at illustrating to @natureboy a small part of the reason why we're tired of him… even though as I post it I know with certainty it too will fail. I gave you twenty warning points last night. It was made clear to you what you had to do, and you failed to do so, flaunting the requirement in several posts. The entire moderation team - @mvmac, @RandallT, @boogielicious, @jamo, @billchao, @nevets88, @mchepp, others - and myself have simply gotten sick and tired of your entire persona here. You're constantly and never-endingly arguing stuff to the point where you bastardize things so much you're no longer even talking about the golf swing, and you fail to comprehend or respond to what's written to you in response. You have two real choices once your current suspension is over: You can ignore these warnings, continue to be a belligerent arguer, and receive a final 50-point warning that will result in your permanent ban. You can avoid behaving in the manner that infuriates the entire moderation team. That will likely mean limiting the topics in which you post quite a bit, because though you fancy yourself to be capable of discussing the golf swing from a theoretical perspective, you've proven that you are not. Now, I want to be very clear about something. You're not being warned or "handled" because you disagree. You're being handled here because you contribute nothing positive. You're belligerent. You don't help people. You don't demonstrate anything. You pervert and distort topics in order to make a point that often has little or nothing to do with how people actually play golf. You're on a mission to "win" an argument, not to further the understanding. You speak as if you know and fail to ask questions, despite the holes in your logic and posts being constantly exposed as gaping. You quite often fail to read what's written, take a beat, and try to understand it. P.S. This requirement is anything but arbitrary. The list of reasons are long, the surface of which was only scratched in this post. Arbitrary would have been to say something like "to continue posting here you must dress up in a purple outfit and post a photo of yourself diving from a diving board into a pool of jello." Asking you to post a video illustrating your point is the opposite of arbitrary.
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Catcher20
      Catcher20
      (27 years old)
    2. JD15
      JD15
      (52 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon