IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

Note: This thread is 3965 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

• Los Angeles
    • Orange County
    • Inland Empire
    • San Diego
    • Other...

Originally Posted by bmartin461

I'm looking forward to it and getting to play with a zero handicap should be fun and educational.

What time are people planning to show up?

Well, first tee time is 7:52, so I'll probably be there by 7 to give myself plenty of time to warm up and putt and everything.

Drew (or anybody else that has played there), do they serve breakfast there?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Drew (or anybody else that has played there), do they serve breakfast there?

I don't know, but if they do, make sure you order super-runny French toast.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

http://www.talegagolfclub.com/signature-grille-breakfast-menu.html

Looks like the breakfast is just simple stuff that you can purchase and take with you during the round.  I'll probably stop and eat somewhere before I get to the course.  Sunday is the only day I get to eat whatever I want, and I typically cook a big breakfast.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Well, first tee time is 7:52, so I'll probably be there by 7 to give myself plenty of time to warm up and putt and everything. Drew (or anybody else that has played there), do they serve breakfast there?

They have Sunday brunch starting at 10, not sure if they're open before that. I'm gonna guess no.

I heard there are forced carries on the back nine. Can all handicaps at and above 17 or kids under 16 years  also play from the whites as well?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Lihu

I heard there are forced carries on the back nine. Can all handicaps at and above 17 or kids under 16 years  also play from the whites as well?

I believe all of the kids are already playing from the white according to Tristan's revised groupings.  Are there any others?

And since the 20+ handicaps are already playing from the whites, the only person who would be affected by a 17+ threshold is bmartin at 17.6.

Revised groups:

Kids and those with handicaps above 20 are playing the white tees.

Thanks.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I believe all of the kids are already playing from the white according to Tristan's revised groupings.  Are there any others?

And since the 20+ handicaps are already playing from the whites, the only person who would be affected by a 17+ threshold is bmartin at 17.6.

He just adjusted it, thanks.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I'm good from the blues, no need to adjust just for me.  I played the course almost exactly 1 year ago and shot a 53/52, 6 over per my HC at the time.   Hopefully I can improve on that this time!

Brad

Looks good guys!

Thanks for organizing all this and appreciate getting the higher handicaps on the appropriate tee box.  This will definitely help... And make it more enjoyable for the group.

One last note about Telega.  Their range setup is kind of goofy.  Golfingdad, can you give all the guys here tips on what they should expect to do early AM to get to the range?  I don't believe you can park your car at the range?  I know they have some sort of cart that drives you to the range, but I've never used the range at this course.  I typically go and just practice putting near the clubhouse practice green, then go with whatever I have on the first tee given the range is whacked.  But maybe Golfingdad can give us tips on what we should do to get some practice swings in before we tee off??

Those not in group "A" are in trouble now, I will have my new headcovers in time which will drop my HC at least 3-5 points right?

Looks good guys!   Thanks for organizing all this and appreciate getting the higher handicaps on the appropriate tee box.  This will definitely help... And make it more enjoyable for the group. One last note about Telega.  Their range setup is kind of goofy.  Golfingdad, can you give all the guys here tips on what they should expect to do early AM to get to the range?  I don't believe you can park your car at the range?  I know they have some sort of cart that drives you to the range, but I've never used the range at this course.  I typically go and just practice putting near the clubhouse practice green, then go with whatever I have on the first tee given the range is whacked.  But maybe Golfingdad can give us tips on what we should do to get some practice swings in before we tee off??

Correct, the range isn't open (for cars) until 9 I believe, so you have to take the shuttle from the clubhouse. I think it's a 5 min ride so I'd say just budget 10-15 more than you normally would for a course with a "normal" range. And pretty sure you'll have to buy the balls at the clubhouse too ... Don't think the range attendant will be down there yet either.

Originally Posted by bmartin461

Those not in group "A" are in trouble now, I will have my new headcovers in time which will drop my HC at least 3-5 points right?

So I should list you as a 12 then?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Those not in group "A" are in trouble now, I will have my new headcovers in time which will drop my HC at least 3-5 points right? [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/76977/] [/URL]

Well, at least they're not $C colors ;)

is it smack talk time? Team B -> your getting more tripple-doubles than the NBA finals!

That's the team I'm on? You're crazy. We are all peaking at the right time. You guys are in trouble.

That's the team I'm on? You're crazy. We are all peaking at the right time. You guys are in trouble.

thats some lame smack talk right there^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

So I should list you as a 12 then?

At least!!

Quote:

Well, at least they're not $C colors ;)

DOH! Now you tell me!  Maybe they will look more Red and Gold when they arrive....

Quote:

is it smack talk time?

Team C - We will see if there are any vanity caps in there.......

Note: This thread is 3965 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!