IGNORED

Golf Goals for Remainder of 2013

LucasBP
Note: This thread is 3949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My goal is get the hdc down to 5. In order to get there is must hit more fairways.

I played 2 strokeplay rounds in official tournaments so far. +2 and +5.

This could have been so much better if i only could get the ball in play off the tee.

Thanx to superb short game, i got to these scores.

Last round i found only 3 fairways, 2 shots with my 3 iron and one with my 2 hybrid.

all my 3 woods and drivers went right or left.

Bogeyed the par 5 10th after a massive hook that went OB. second drive went over to the fairway next to the 10th.

so bogey was a great score.

So hopefully mizuno brings my new woods soon.

Ordered them 2 weeks ago.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

break 80 on a full 18-hole round.

Shot in the 30s a few times on 9, but can never translate it to a full round. Typically i'll go OB or lose a ball somehow and get a double/triple then I can't stop the bleeding ...

Single digit handicap and stop 3 putting.

Let me rephrase that.  Stop 3 putting so that I can reach a single digit handicap.

Break 80 - which breaks down into several subgoals:

• Improving putting - probably need no 3 putts to break 80
  • Short game - more one putts and getting up and down when I'm off the green
  • Continue to tame wildness off the tee
  • Learn when to take a bogey instead of trying to make par and turning it into a double bogey

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Half over? No way, we've got half a year of golf left here. Anyway my recent goal has been to par the par 3's and 5's. Most courses I play have two a side, a few are par 35 with three par 3's. If I can keep it close to par on those four holes I stand the best chance to score as low as possible. I'm pretty consistent with bogey and par on the par 4's, about 2:1 with a few doubles here and there. Last time out I averaged 3-4.6-5.5 so pretty close to my goal. Funny how just focusing on this has led to more birdie and eagle opportunities.

If there's anything else it's to learn from mistakes. Some holes just don't work for me. Probably a mental thing. Either way rather than try to conquer them I should play safe, layup and play for bogey rather than go for it and make double or worse. There are days I walk off the course knowing I gave away strokes taking on tough holes. Sure I par them once in a while but usually not worth the risk.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by DeadMan

Break 80 - which breaks down into several subgoals:

Improving putting - probably need no 3 putts to break 80

Short game - more one putts and getting up and down when I'm off the green

Continue to tame wildness off the tee

Learn when to take a bogey instead of trying to make par and turning it into a double bogey

I like these goals.  All of these apply to me as well.  The only difference is that I am trying to consistently break 90, not 80 like you.  Good luck with you in your pursuit of these goals.

I want to shoot consistently in the 80's by the time the season is over. Which really in Sacramento is never if you don't mind a little cold.

To do this I have 3 goals

Really work on my short game around the green!!!! I have been going at it like crazy and will continue to do so.

Work on accuracy and consistency off the tee. This is easy to accomplish on the range but I need to translate that onto the course.

Work on accuracy with my irons. Consistency is really starting to come together. Now I just need to really focus on getting the ball to go where I want it.

The best part is I feel these are easily reachable goals and by end of season next year I will probably want to break 80.

I wish everyone the best of luck. I think always setting goals and then getting them done keeps the game interesting.

Get the handicap down to a 6, which means breaking 80 more often then the 3 times I've done it in 3 years, this boils down to me hitting my 2 goals every time I tee it up:

- No 3 putts

- Nothing higher than a 5 on the scorecard - means I'm taking advantage of the par 5s and avoiding disastrous mistakes on the other holes.

Even my with my rounds in the 70s I have never been able to accomplish both of those feats in the same round, the second is a lot harder than the first.

My bag:

Driver: Cobra AMP 9.5 degree w/ GD6 stiff flex shaft

3 Wood: Ping Anser 14.5 degree THC-800 stiff flex shaft

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19 degree Mitsubishi Kiani Blue stiff flex shaft

Irons: Nike Pro Combo Tour 4-PW Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Wedges: Titleist Bob Vokey 52-8, 56-11 and 60-4

Putter: 2-Ball White Steel, 34" bent 1 degree flat

Note: This thread is 3949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!