• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WUTiger

Bionic golf glove: Same as extra wrap of tape under grip?

3 posts in this topic

I have started using a Bionic Technologies golf glove, the Stablegrip model. I like more solid grip feel, with the cushioned palm and cushion ridges on the fingers. Also, I went from Standard to Midsize grips on my clubs.

This got me started wondering. With the palm pad and finger cushioning, does using this glove have the same effect as an extra wrap or two of tape under the club grip? I wanted my grip a bit thicker, but I don't want to overdo it.

Web site: http://www.bionicgloves.com/

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I don't think so. The big thing for me when I switched to Bionic from the Titleist gloves was the overall thickness in material and the Bionic seemed to fit snugger but with the same finger length,which I liked. The Titleist gloves were wearing out too fast and I was having some twist issues so I switched to the Bionic since they were washable and the Stablegrip allowed me to keep a bit more relaxed grip without twisting of the clubhead or holding it too tight to counteract it.Come to think of it, my entire grip changed when I switched gloves. I went from Lamkin Crossline midsize to New Decade multi in midsize and I switched from more of  a baseball style grip to an interlock. I think that whole approach was what has really proved to be the most beneficial for me. It improved my game more than anything has,just how my hands were relating to the club.

I use the Winn dri-tac 1/8" OS grip and still use a bionic surefit/stablefit/cadet glove. They are the best gloves going...that's my opinion. My clubs are fitted including the grips. I was fitted "bare-handed" for grips, no glove or wrap. I think that is typical. the glove is your choice.