IGNORED

PGA Championship - Fans pick flag location for final round

vmsea
Note: This thread is 3913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TJBam

Speaking of excellent tweets check out Luke List's new clubs.

http://golfdig.st/19y2UCJ

I like Luke List, but that is kind of lame in my opinion.  Especially the 'Merica one.  More and more people are using this... And it is just weak.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tmac20

Tiger has no shot in this major as the course is suited for good, straight drives off the tee.

So 18th in Total Driving out of 191 players on the PGA Tour isn't sufficient to even give him a 'shot'?

http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.129.html

The course I practice on... They typically run at 9 to 10 too.  And for the tournaments they play here, the pro told me they triple cut each green, and then roll them and they will run at 11 to 12 easy.  I'm guessing they will do the same at the PGA?

I don't know how long it takes to cut it down. Just passing on Tiger's commentary. He made it sound like it would take a week or more to get them rolling at tournament speed. As if there were more steps and waiting for growth to consider. But again I don't know a whole lot about it.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I like Luke List, but that is kind of lame in my opinion.  Especially the 'Merica one.  More and more people are using this... And it is just weak.

The names themselves are kinda silly ... but I like the idea.  Since no numbers mean anything anymore anyway (that guys 7 iron is this guys 8 iron), and everybody is making up new names for fairway woods now ("3 metals"), I think it's kind of fun to have random names for the clubs.  I also think the paintfill is pretty slick.  (And did you see whose tweet it was?? ;))

Originally Posted by Cracker24

So 18th in Total Driving out of 191 players on the PGA Tour isn't sufficient to even give him a 'shot'?

http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.129.html

Interesting, I didn't know that he was that high. But in majors, I rarely see Woods pull out a driver on the tee.

Originally Posted by tmac20

Interesting, I didn't know that he was that high. But in majors, I rarely see Woods pull out a driver on the tee.

That's true, but I think it's mainly because of the courses that major championships are held on and, especially, the way they're set up. With the hard and fast conditions there really is no need to hit driver, and given that major's are often about making pars and grinding, avoiding the big number is probably number 1 for these guys.

You just need to look at the guys in contention down the stretch at the British, hardly any of them used driver at all during the week. I think Tiger would probably prefer the course dried out and he didn't have to use driver as much, but it's the same for everyone and I'd say it's far from sufficient reason to rule Tiger out of the tournament. His driving in the first round today proved as much. 5/8 I believe.

Note: This thread is 3913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!