IGNORED

"Al! Hey, Al! Al! Look Out Al!"

Fairway_CY
Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So on Tuesday, I played in a county tournament.  I got paired with a good group, but we had this older gentleman named Al in our group who seemed to be lost for half the day.  Periodically, he'd wander into the middle of the fairway 15-20 yards in front of us while one of us was lining up our shots.  He was completely oblivious to the fact that someone was preparing to hit and he was in danger.

On the 4th hole, he was off mumbling to himself after hacking his shot out of the rough.  He started walking towards his ball, which he hit across the fairway into the right rough, just as one of the guys in our group was preparing to hit his second shot.  I was checking yardage on my GPS, but luckily the other guy in our group saw Al walking in front of the upcoming shot.  He yelled out "Al" at least four times, getting the attention of the guy taking the shot.  Unfortunately, Al didn't hear any of it and just kept meandering across the fairway until he was out of danger.

This happened again at least 3 other times throughout the round.  It was kind of disconcerting to know that he might pop out in front of someone at any moment.  I made sure to check his position in relation to mine before approaching any of my shots.

Scary thinking what could have happened if nobody saw him before that shot was struck.  I've seen guys get hit with shots before and it's never been a "ha ha" type of moment.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!