Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mabuhay! That's hello from the Philippines

1 post in this topic

I've been playing for 5 years but I'm new to the forum, Thanks to all for the many informative and sometimes amusing discussions. I got started young but quickly dismissed the game but when I was around 14 years old, it just suddenly clicked. I've won a few tournaments when I was at a class B level, and its thanks to you guys ( and the wonderful information well that is the internet ) for my achievements. I will surely try to improve even more, and win at a higher competition level. I hope there are more Filipino golfers out here in the forum. I also implore that some of you international folks would come visit the Philippines to try the relatively cheap but wonderful tropical courses here too :)

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Just my opinion, but All votes matter!
      Some people gave their lives to gain the right to vote!

A blue vote in a red state is simply canceled out, but it still matters. It is still your right to vote. It is still how how our election process works, it is a part of our history as a democracy.

I look at it like this. 9 birdies followed by 9 bogies brings you to even.
      But you still had 9 birdies!
      DO you not play golf because the bogies cancel out the birdies? YMMV!!!!
    • Nice.  Another convert.  Welcome to a life-long game. I was hooked the moment I walked onto a practice green at about 7 years old.  The smell, the velvety texture of the turf on the green ... intoxicating.  Even to a 7-year-old.
    • I'd rely on Erik on this subject. I have a torque balanced E-1 because I aim this mallet great, even with an unobtrusive sight dot. My problem is not aim. As discussed, there are weight limitations with the head - I think the head is 345g with the 9g weight, and 357 with the 21g weight. - you can quiet your hands/add weight with counterweights and the Big Dog grip that weights 120g. If I were to counsel someone, I'd say see which putter you aim best, and if the torque balance presents limitations as to weight or other custom features, and you aim another as well - go with the more customization classic line
    • Ha ha!!! Nope. My game has been in the toilet last couple of weeks after shooting my personal best of 83. Its been very difficult shooting an 83 and then not breaking 100 for four rounds in a row. But tst folks have been encouraging and let me know Im not alone. As far as participation badges go, thats not really my thing. Only two I care about at all are breaking 90, which I have, and an eagle, which will never happen cus I lack distance off the tee. Theres just too many cool folks on here to thank everyone individually so I thought many might see this post and that would suffice. I play the Frisco area. Usually play Plantation but occasionally play the trails and Stuart peninsula. And ever so often make the drive to the Bridges in Gunter. I do a lot of shift work so I usually play during the week vs the weekend. If your available during the week occasionally, pm me and maybe we can go chase golf balls. 
    • None of the reasons actually speak to regretting not staying. He was mugged… in the fall of his first year, and yet stayed that year and the next. He made $43M upon turning pro… which would have probably still been there (or increased) in 1997, 1998… And the worst one, that he planned to leave for a few months in asking for the sponsor exemptions… so what? I know plenty of people who planned for things that they ultimately regretted.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. matteson83
      (33 years old)
    2. Michael Riedy
      Michael Riedy
      (67 years old)
    3. Zeke Widjaja
      Zeke Widjaja
      (52 years old)
  • Blog Entries