IGNORED

Sonartec Golf Introduces The Hb-001 Hybrid

Note: This thread is 6115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Attachment 468

The HB-001 hybrid features rail technology for effortless playability in the greatest variety of conditions from tee to green. It has a neutral face angle with optimal bulge and roll for greater forgiveness and workability than any long iron. The 455 stainless steel provides a "Sonartec" solid feel and crisp sound, reminiscent of Sonartec's fairway metal roots. Sonartec Golf and Graphite Design International created the "ONiN2" hybrid shaft to match the HB-001 head, providing golfers with "the two greatest achievements in golf - more accuracy and distance."

"The HB-001 builds on the success of the MD and the experience of the golfers that have used it to deliver the next generation of hybrid club to the world," says Toru Kamatari, President of Sonartec Golf.

Available lofts are 17°, 19°, 21° and 23°. Left handed 19° and 23° in October of 2007. Suggested retail price for the HB-001 is $189.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I started hearing a lot of buzz about this club the exact day after I bought my MD... bad timing on my part.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

• 3 weeks later...
I've been using the HB for a couple weeks now and LOVE IT! Same solid feel and performance as the MD. I'm liking the round look and sole glides across the turf well.

I don't mean to take this thread off-topic, and in the same regard ask such a dumb questions, but I guess I must have missed the "hybrid train" because all of a sudden EVERYONE has at least one hybrid in their bag.

Personally, I love hitting my 3 and 4 irons. They're not always perfect but I can usually get 'em going. I haven't used a fairway wood in regulation play for 5 years because I simply cannot hit them very well and I haven't taken the time to correct it, even though I carry a 3-wood in my bag.

Maybe I should look into a hybrid? I honestly don't know anything about them and completely missed the jump on the train.

Driver: r7 10.5*
3W: Black Ti
Irons: CG Gold
Wedges: 54*, Acuity 60*
Putter: Copperhead bladeBall: NXT-Tour

I don't mean to take this thread off-topic, and in the same regard ask such a dumb questions, but I guess I must have missed the "hybrid train" because all of a sudden EVERYONE has at least one hybrid in their bag.

No offence or anything, but you said you are not too good at hitting fairway woods. Well, hybrids are played more like long irons so you would probably like them. They are

WAY more forgiving and longer too.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Maybe I should look into a hybrid? I honestly don't know anything about them and completely missed the jump on the train.

Click here to read some of the many reviews on The Sand Trap for more information. That will get you started at least.

this is a little off subject but have you ever considering trying to put another finish on the crown of your md. for some reason the dark blue finish just doesnt appeal to me. I'd like to throw on a black or a charcoal finish. its such a small thing but it can bother me at times.

Daniel Duarte
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

this is a little off subject but have you ever considering trying to put another finish on the crown of your md. for some reason the dark blue finish just doesnt appeal to me. I'd like to throw on a black or a charcoal finish. its such a small thing but it can bother me at times.

Mine is black, you must have a very early one because the finish has been black for the past few years.

that's strange, I actually picked mine up around 3-4 weeks ago from a big box golf store. they must have had it lying around for a long time.

back to the finish... is that possible?

Daniel Duarte

I have the MD11 as well and mine is Navy Blue. I've hit the HB next to my MD and didn't see any difference in performance. Also, the guy that got me hooked on Sonartec said there isn't a huge difference enough to warrant tossing the MD and getting the HB. Why pay more than double for the same performance?

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

back to the finish... is that possible?

Yes, I know of a couple places that refinish clubs. The Golfsmith headquarters in Texas for one.

Note: This thread is 6115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!