IGNORED

Transferring shaft from one club to another.

Note: This thread is 3906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have an old driver that I no longer use that has a stiff shaft in it that I was thinking about transferring to a hybrid I have that currently has a regular flex shaft. Is it possible to do this or do you have to get specific shafts for each club for it to fit properly?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The tip diameters would have to match.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I assume that you are cutting the driver shaft to fit your hybrid.   Unless you are experimenting and just want to have fun wit it, I don't recommend it (I've done it a few times myself).   First, even if hosel side of shaft diameter fits, you will have problem fitting a grip on the other side.  It will likely be too loose and you may have to use a wrap tape of some kind.

Then, there is a real matter of shaft's torque & kickpoint changing when you cut down a longer shaft.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Ok, so not really a good idea then. I looked and the driver shaft tip was slightly smaller than the hybrid shaft tip. Cutting it to the point where they match would make it an overly long hybrid.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 3906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!