IGNORED

My Swing (Kelzzy)

Kelzzy
Note: This thread is 3767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You asked for it, OP delivered. Here's three clips of my golf swing, two irons, one driver. Let me know what you think. Will post more soon!

Welcome, and kudos for posting your swing so soon. For future reference, here's a link on how to best film and post videos to the site. That'll allow the instructors to give you the benefit of their expertise and show areas of strength and opportunity..... http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just curious, how can you tell?

I can tell that this a not a swing that will post a 73, just 3 weeks after he started playing golf. Either the OP is lying that he only started playing 3 weeks ago, or he is lying about his score. It takes more than 3 weeks to start hitting the ball consistent enough with a half-decent swing before you can start shooting in the 70's.

Thanks for posting the swing looks good.  Would like to see these swings directly from behind.  By the way I love OP's confidence.

And how can anyone look at his swing and say "oh he is not a +4, he is a +9?"  LOL

Let me add this:  being that he is 14 let's ignore the fact that he thinks his swing looks like Tiger's.  Just leave it be as schoolyard talk.

Thanks for the kind words mate, it's nice meeting someone like you every now and then.  You're right, to win tournaments scoring in the low 70's is vital. I'm from NorCal, which is a HUGE golf center. I play through JGANC.. thanks for the luck. I am trying out for the golf team in high school, and I believe they are directly after Christmas. Cheers!

It seems like all of CA is a huge golfing center. Best of luck helping your team make it to the CIFs. :-)).

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Hardballs

Bro, broski, dawg, jams,... He's not lying about his age that's for sure! Personally I like this op's confidence, if slightly delusional, confidence is a big part of the mental aspect of golf, and on that basis.. He may do well!

Swing looks a bit erratic to me, it's nice to hit big kiddo, but it's more important to hit well!

If you blacked up ya face a bit, cut ya hair, grew taller, and worked out, only then would you even start to resemble T-Dog!

Good ol' T-Dog! He pumps iron like my grandma pumps magnesium. Lawl hahaha.

Originally Posted by tmac20

I can tell that this a not a swing that will post a 73, just 3 weeks after he started playing golf. Either the OP is lying that he only started playing 3 weeks ago, or he is lying about his score. It takes more than 3 weeks to start hitting the ball consistent enough with a half-decent swing before you can start shooting in the 70's.

I played from years 4-9.. quit for 5 years.. now I'm back. I'm still wired.

Originally Posted by David in FL

Welcome, and kudos for posting your swing so soon.

For future reference, here's a link on how to best film and post videos to the site. That'll allow the instructors to give you the benefit of their expertise and show areas of strength and opportunity.....

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Thanks for the advice bro! I will post there next time I post my swing. I'm planning one soon.

Originally Posted by Lihu

It seems like all of CA is a huge golfing center. Best of luck helping your team make it to the CIFs. ).

Thanks man, and right back at you! Thanks for wishing our team to the CIFs, that would be awesome. I think we can make it.. we have a couple of real good players this year.

Originally Posted by kw purp

Smdh, your swing has about a tenth of the power of Tiger's.

Did you not look at my screenshots showing step-by-step analysis of me and Tigers swing?

Originally Posted by tmac20

Bro you seem to keep forgetting that I said I've been playing for 5 years, quit for 5, now I'm playing again. I'm wired for the sport.. the first day I went out I shot an E through four holes and was hitting the ball consistently. It was all just flowing back to me very fast. I take it as you're an adult and don't know that feel.. but I'm 14.

Originally Posted by Shorty

I would say that your swing is EXACTLY like Adam Scott's. A carbon copy.

I see similarities between you and Tiger - you are both holding a club, and you hit a ball with it, but you have Adam Scott's move covered 100%.

Probably not what you want to hear, given that Tiger is no 1, but there it is.

Just curious - what is it about Tiger's swing that you think you have managed to emulate? I'm not seeing it.

And your "jive talk" is annoying to everybody. If you seriously want help, you won't get it.

This is a good example of why a lot of instructors don't like using video.

The difference between reality and what the player feels are poles apart, quite often.

And this guy only wants to believe what he wants to believe. He won't change.

The attitude sucks more than the swing.

He has been hoist by his own petard.

Adam Scott is trained by Butch Harmon. Tiger Woods was trained by Butch Harmon.

[INDENT][/INDENT][quote name="Kelzzy" url="/t/69333/my-swing-kelzzy/36#post_885256"]Bro you seem to keep forgetting that I said I've been playing for 5 years, quit for 5, now I'm playing again. I'm wired for the sport.. the first day I went out I shot an E through four holes and was hitting the ball consistently. It was all just flowing back to me very fast. I take it as you're an adult and don't know that feel.. but I'm 14. [/quote] So let me make sure I'm following..... You started playing at age 4 . Played for 5 years, until you were 9.....call it the 4th grade. Quit for 5 years, and now you've been back at it for 3 weeks. You're a 4 handicap and your swing is identical to Tiger's. Got it...... :-\

In David's bag....

So let me make sure I'm following.....

You started playing at age 4 . Played for 5 years, until you were 9.....call it the 4th grade. Quit for 5 years, and now you've been back at it for 3 weeks. You're a 4 handicap and your swing is identical to Tiger's.

Got it......

Yush. Except for the 4 handicap. That's just what I've been shooting in the past 4-5 rounds. I didn't want to put a handicap because I'm a scratch player at this point without an official one, but it was required so I just gave the average jist of what I've been shooting the past week.

Cheers!

And with that, I'll move on.

In David's bag....

And with that, I'll move on.

Cool cool. I changed it to N/A if that makes you feel any better :)

Hope to see you around the forums

Cool cool. I changed it to N/A if that makes you feel any better :) Hope to see you around the forums

You're so friggin' adorable. Good Luck! Hope you get medalist in you're first HS golf match.

Note: This thread is 3767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!