IGNORED

My Swing (Robe983)

robe983
Note: This thread is 3838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 85

My typical ball flight is: push draw (miss = push slice)

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: push/push slice

Videos:

My thoughts-You cant follow directions very well. Thats' a practice swing-Nobody is going to give you feedback on that.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My thoughts-You cant follow directions very well.

Thats' a practice swing-Nobody is going to give you feedback on that.

Whoa, sorry.  Don't need to be an *******.  I missed that part, first time poster, last time visiter.  Fix your attitude, man.

And don't bother posting in my thread... 30+ years in the golf industry and you're a 3.5?  Give it up pal.

Hey smartass it's +3.4 not 3.5-Thats on the better side of scratch-And you missed the BRIGHT RED TEXT that tells you things to do, and the BIG TEXT about the rules for posting in this forum, that says not to make a practice swing, and post it? You want people here to help you when you cant even read?[quote name="robe983" url="/t/70149/my-swing-robe983#post_901348"] And don't bother posting in my thread... 30+ years in the golf industry and you're a 3.5?  Give it up pal. [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Hey smartass it's +3.4 not 3.5-Thats on the better side of scratch-And you missed the BRIGHT RED TEXT that tells you things to do, and the BIG TEXT about the rules for posting in this forum, that says not to make a practice swing, and post it? You want people here to help you when you cant even read?

Get mad about it, I said I missed that.  Take the thread down then tough guy...  Jesus...

I see nothing about a practice swing (below), and I followed the template.  My bad, glad I could get you worked up though, once again... 30+ years and scratch is what you have to show for it?  ew.

This is a template for a new "My Swing" thread.

1. Title the thread "My Swing (username)" where "username" is your username.
  2. Answer the questions below.
  3. EMBED your videos below that. Just click the "video" icon in the toolbar to embed your videos.
  4. Delete all of this red text before posting. Make sure the title is correct.

No worries, Robe.  Just post another one with you hitting the ball.  It will be easier for the guys on here to help you out.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

• Administrator
Get mad about it, I said I missed that.  Take the thread down then tough guy...  Jesus...

Look, here's the deal. Phil said "you can't follow directions" (which is true), then said "nobody is going to give you feedback on that" (which is also true). You reacted aggressively - you cursed, you told him to fix his attitude, etc.

Delete all of this red text before posting. Make sure the title is correct.

That's what you failed to do, along with the "practice swing" thing. I agree that it's not a big deal. We often fix these things for people. But when it was pointed out - and I realize there's no "tone of voice" or anything - you reacted aggressively. Far more aggressively than the comment that prompted your reaction.

I see nothing about a practice swing (below), and I followed the template.  My bad, glad I could get you worked up though, once again... 30+ years and scratch is what you have to show for it?  ew.

FWIW, you also missed this, which is pretty clear:

Clicking that would have taken you here: http://thesandtrap.com/t/38240/my-swing-video-threads-rules-please-read .

Pay attention to #4 and the postscript (P.S.):

Incidentally, most PGA Tour players are +4 or +5. I don't care how long you're playing - if you're scratch, you're pretty damn good, and if you're better than scratch, you're really good. Your insults are… ignorant at best.

So I now have:

• A member who is being overly aggressive.
  • A member who is creating headaches for myself and other moderators.
  • A member who cannot be bothered to follow the rules.

Frankly, I'm not sure what to do. I'm not a big fan of deleting posts - it's a form of lying - and you've already said you're leaving, so it doesn't appear there's much to be gained. Perhaps you'll grow as a person and realize that you were out of line, but I'd estimate the odds of that as relatively thin.

I've deleted the red text from your first post. It's bright red so people READ it, but to those who don't need to read it (i.e. everyone but the OP), it's annoying.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No worries, Robe.  Just post another one with you hitting the ball.  It will be easier for the guys on here to help you out.

Thanks, I appreciate it.  Like I said, first time poster and I missed that part.  I'll get a new video at the range and post again tonight.

Look, here's the deal.

Phil said "you can't follow directions" (which is true), then said "nobody is going to give you feedback on that" (which is also true).

You reacted in an aggressive way - you cursed, you told him to fix his attitude, etc.

That's what you failed to do, along with the "practice swing" thing:

So you also missed this, which is pretty clear:

Clicking that would have taken you here: http://thesandtrap.com/t/38240/my-swing-video-threads-rules-please-read .

Pay attention to #4 and the postscript (P.S.):

Incidentally, most PGA Tour players are +4 or +5. I don't care how long you're playing - if you're scratch, you're pretty damn good, and if you're better than scratch, you're really good. Your insults are… ignorant at best.

They weren't insults?  They were truth, if I spent 30 years doing something I'd expect my self to be a lot better than scratch.  Sorry thats just my expectation level though.  Like I said, i'll repost later.  And for you to say that his initial statement wasn't aggressive? You're just assuming and taking sides... shows your maturity, sir.

Take care.

• Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by robe983 View Post

They weren't insults?  They were truth, if I spent 30 years doing something I'd expect my self to be a lot better than scratch.  Sorry thats just my expectation level though.  Like I said, i'll repost later.  And for you to say that his initial statement wasn't aggressive? You're just assuming and taking sides... shows your maturity, sir.

Quote:

That's not an insult.

Quote:

Nor is that.

And now you're insulting me, so now you're in the Penalty Box for three days. Please use the time to reflect on how you could have been calmer and less insulting/aggressive.

P.S. +3.4 is way, way, way better than scratch. Especially for someone who is almost certainly 50 or 60.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!