• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gaga

Anchored 9 wood for bumping shots from off the green. Legal now? Later?

2 posts in this topic

Anchored  wood for bumping shots from off the green.  Legal now? Later?

I have trouble using a long wood, off the green, as a putter, until I tried a belly anchor.  Not that it matters much to me, I'm just curious about the legality.

Thanks

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Anchored  wood for bumping shots from off the green.  Legal now? Later?

I have trouble using a long wood, off the green, as a putter, until I tried a belly anchor.  Not that it matters much to me, I'm just curious about the legality.

Thanks

Won't be legal to anchor it in 2016.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Mayb Spieth should spend more time over his ball, talked to his caddy more, slow things down a bit...........       (god help us no!)
    • I found  that I was making better contact  when I started my downswing with my arms.   BUT, on further review, and after watching a video of myself, I found the reason.   And the reason was, I  was ending my backswing by raising my arms.   I was becoming disconnected at the top of the back swing.   Thus, by starting my down swing with my arms, I was just getting re-connected and putting myself back into the position I should have been in at the top of my down swing.  Now, I am going to work on not raising my arms at the top of the back swing.   Then, I will be able to follow the advice in the post that started this thread.  Better yet, it's way past time for me to get some lessons from my local pro. 
    • To OP, your primary focus of all should be to learn to swing on plane first. Speed will come. It will come in boatloads. Consider the analogy of a car speeding in a NASCAR track. You can throttle the car when in the straight section of the track and get max speed but you have to slow down in the turn section, no matter how powerful the engine. Swinging 'on plane' with a proper sequence is like driving the car the straight section - you can maximize leverage and inertia for speed. Leveraging a club for speed until then is like trying to speed up at the turn - you will just go off track or will have to slow down to keep control. Of course swinging on plane is easier said then done. It is as closest to the 'holy grail' of golf you can get. Everybody, even experience players, are always chasing it. But swing even somewhat on plane will do wonders. Impact will dramatically improve too. You are new to the game. It is an exciting time with all kinds of new discoveries of what you can do with a golf club. THIS is the best time to get a camera and work with a good professional - do it NOW!!   
    • I played round 1 of 2 for the final local tournament of the year yesterday.  I struggled with my driver the entire day and managed to find only 1 of 14 fairways.  It was frustrating, to say the least.  

On the plus side, I posted a 42 - 45 = 87 and I'm only 4 strokes back heading to the final round this morning.  

I figure, if I can jump out to a quick start early... I have a chance.  I know I need to post something really low... like an 82 or something, to have a realistic opportunity to catch the leader... but I know I can do it on the course we're playing, so... I have my fingers crossed.  

I'm about to head out in 45 minutes or so to get some practice time in prior to the round.  I'll update tomorrow.

CY
    • @spider  Excellent review of the track!  It should give folks a pretty fair idea of the course and what it has to offer. In terms of playability, it holds up to any major championship courses. You are rewarded for accuracy, challenging at times, suited for golfers of all skill levels. Very affordable. Although we did not see any, at times there are lots of wild life on the course and some imported such as American Bison! There used to be several herds of sheep. The location is kind of out there, quiet, and off the beaten track, yet easily accessible. And "Oh Yeah", stellar 5W! (I carry one as well, Ben Hogan Speed Slot (Laminate) which I used frequently.  I am looking forward to the next event.@Shindig says he may try to put something together for the winter. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. Dresilved
      Dresilved
      (51 years old)
    2. kpetrina
      kpetrina
      (24 years old)
    3. Luana
      Luana
      (38 years old)