IGNORED

When do you talk to your ball the most?

FlappyGilmore
Note: This thread is 3792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. when do you talk to your ball?

• At address
    • While the ball is in the air
    • After the ball has stopped

Like many, I am guilty of talking to my ball while it's in the air.  I've been making an effort to stop because I think it's a stupid thing to do but  sometimes I can't resist!!  Go...go.....get down....cut......hook....or whatever..Hahaha

I never talk at putts!!  It either goes in, or it doesn't...LOL    I wish I could do the same when the ball is in the air.........

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Like many, I am guilty of talking to my ball while it's in the air.  I've been making an effort to stop because I think it's a stupid thing to do but  sometimes I can't resist!!  Go...go.....get down....cut......hook....or whatever..Hahaha

I never talk at putts!!  It either goes in, or it doesn't...LOL    I wish I could do the same when the ball is in the air.........

I voted for the same. I really don't think of it as a bad habit unless you think you have control issues ;-) .

I think it's funny how people who tell the ball to "go" thinking it's short and when the ball hits the green or even close to the pin they say something like, "Finally, the ball listened to me."

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I voted for the same. I really don't think of it as a bad habit unless you think you have control issues .

I think it's funny how people who tell the ball to "go" thinking it's short and when the ball hits the green or even close to the pin they say something like, "Finally, the ball listened to me."

There is one of my regular playing partners that always says "You didn't even talk to it" after I hit a bad shot. I always tell him my ball has a mind of it's own and wouldn't listen anyway.

There is one of my regular playing partners that always says "You didn't even talk to it" after I hit a bad shot. I always tell him my ball has a mind of it's own and wouldn't listen anyway.

I played a round this past Sunday with a buddy and another single. The single actually talked to the ball for me. There were plenty of shots I hit that were coming up short and he always said, "Go, Ball! Go...go...go!" It never worked, but maybe it's because I wasn't the one talking to it.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I have to admit I've been known to yell at the TV while watching sports. So no offense to anyone who does this, but while watching golf tournaments on TV, my sons and I make fun of fans who yell "get in the hole!". It's not so much that they yell it but more the way they yell it - like they have to be the first and the loudest to say it - even with the putt doesn't have a prayer of going in.

Earlier in the year I was playing a practice round with some guy I didn't know and I happen to hit a really good (and rare) approach shot that landed a foot or so from the hole and started rolling towards it. So the guy yells "get in the hole!" at the top of his lungs. Somehow, it sounded a lot better when it was directed towards one of my shots.

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I voted for the same. I really don't think of it as a bad habit unless you think you have control issues .

Even funnier when they are yelling "Get UP!!", then watch the ball air mail the green. :blink:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

[QUOTE name="RPMPIRE" url="/t/70960/when-do-you-talk-to-your-ball-the-most/18#post_917571"]   [QUOTE name="BuckeyeNut" url="/t/70960/when-do-you-talk-to-your-ball-the-most/18#post_917565"]   Like many, I am guilty of talking to my ball while it's in the air.  I've been making an effort to stop because I think it's a stupid thing to do but  sometimes I can't resist!!  Go...go.....get down....cut......hook....or whatever..Hahaha I never talk at putts!!  It either goes in, or it doesn't...LOL    I wish I could do the same when the ball is in the air......... [/QUOTE] I voted for the same. I really don't think of it as a bad habit unless you think you have control issues ;-) . I think it's funny how people who tell the ball to "go" thinking it's short and when the ball hits the green or even close to the pin they say something like, "Finally, the ball listened to me."  [/QUOTE] Even funnier when they are yelling "Get UP!!", then watch the ball air mail the green.  :blink:

Or "c'mon BITE" just before it plugs in the trap. I don't have great depth perception when it comes to judging where a ball in the air is going to touch down so I rarely talk to my ball because I'm not sure what to say! I will try to coax it back on line if I hit a push but if I pull it I know talking to it will only make it go more left.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Even funnier when they are yelling "Get UP!!", then watch the ball air mail the green.

I think I did this once, well maybe more than once. That's why I quit talking to the ball, it listened to me. :smartass:

Butch

Only when I address it......

......Hello, ball.

The classic Honeymooner scene beginning at 2:15.  Hilarious!

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Like many golfers, Most of the time I talk to the ball while it is in flight. (I can only hope that what I say has an effect on the ball.)  But, at times, I have been known to pull a Mark Fidrych and talk to my ball while it is in my hand on the putting green.  Last Sunday I did hole a long putt after a heart-to-heart talk, but that was an exception to the rule.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

While the ball is rolling.

:titleist: 913 D2 8.75* Adilia Tour Green 65 Stiff Shaft

Rocketballz Stage 2 3Wood 15* Stiff Shaft

Victory Red TW Forged Blades 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300 Shaft

CG Forged Dark Chrome CC Gap Wedge 52*

RAC Black TP 56*

:cleve: 588 RTX 60*

White Smoke IN-12 Blade Putter     Penta TP5

Note: This thread is 3792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!