IGNORED

My swing (crazywesc)

crazywesc
Note: This thread is 3806 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 16 months

My current handicap index or average score is:95

My typical ball flight is: pull or fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:pull

I know I come over the top and cant seem to fix it know matter what I do. I have took two golf lessons and watched multiple videos on how to swing from the inside. The golf instructor told me to exaggerate the feeling of coming from the inside but its just not coming to me. In these two videos I am really trying to come from the inside and shifting my weight forward on the downswing. There has to be something I am doing that's not letting me drop the club back on plane. Any help would be appreciated.

Videos:

I was hitting pull hooks like crazy, even with my PW, found out that I too was coming over the top/swinging across my body. I would suggest swinging you club down at the target, let the club head take it's path instead of pulling it in. I find that if I finish with my hands high over my left shoulder it helps to stay on the path it should, you may have another swing thought that will help to swing on the correct path. I'm far from an expert on fixes, so others may have better suggestions. You could try putting a glove under your arms and hit balls, that will keep you connected.

BTW, welcome aboard.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Less arch in the lower back,

You can arch your upper back a bit more. Your arms a bit too straight out in front of you.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

Your shoulders are rotating on too flat of an angle, get them steeper. Your left shoulder should drop more towards the ball in the back swing.

Overall the best thread for drills,

http://thesandtrap.com/t/61376/5sk-video-thread

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Hard to see with pants but it looks like you may be straightening that right leg too much at the top.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Hard to see with pants but it looks like you may be straightening that right leg too much at the top.

It looks like that because he's turning to shallow with his hips and shoulders. If he turns steeper, then it will look better.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Your swing, look at the arch in the back, and how upright you are

Jason Dufner, look how his lower back is in neutral flat position, and his upper back is rounded. His face is now pointed more towards the ball. When he turns, his left shoulder will drop towards the ball. Look how his arms fall down from his shoulder, not nearly straight inline with his club like yours are.

Just bending over wont work, because you can arch your back and bend over. You need to fix your posture.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3806 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!