IGNORED

Just getting back into golf... thanks for having me

duotone
Note: This thread is 3961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello from a snowy Michigan! Time to get the skis out, and TRY to enjoy winter. I'm Tony, age 44, 6' 4" and 160lbs. Married for 18 years, 2 kids and a dog. It's the 2 kids that kind of took me out of golf for 11 years, which I have no regrets, by the way. Up till this Spring, I would tell people I did not like golf anymore, but a client of mine made it obvious that he wanted me to golf with him. He's also one of my best friends, so with my wife's encouragement, I got a family membership at the Macatawa Legends. I figured it was the only way I was going to get my game back, and would offer a chance to play with my son and wife. My daughter wants nothing to do with golf. 11 years ago I was about a 3 HC and played with a variety of pure blades. I had 6 sets that I built / bought and re-shafted (Haig ultra, etc...), and when I stopped playing I was playing a set of Titleist 990's, which I am using again. EVERYONE said I needed to get some "modern" cavity backs, which I tried some X20's, Cobra's, etc... and I hated them all because there was no feel to anything, so I played my 990's for the last month of the summer and I love them. My friend gave me a Nicket 4 wood and a brand new Big Bertha driver. I re-shafted the Nicket with a stiff shaft and when I swung very diligently, the Nicket was a joy to use, but I recently put that thing away for good. The BB driver had a regular shaft and felt like I was swinging a fishing pole, so after some research, I decided to remove the shaft.... bad Idea, but I'll start another thread on that topic later. I'm here because I like doing things myself, and I don't like following what the marketing folks at major brands tell us we should be doing. Thanks for having me. Tony

Welcome!  If you have any questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section , and Little Things New Users can learn.

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!