IGNORED

In the bottom of my shaft????

Dean10
Note: This thread is 3795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys I'm hoping someone can help me. I bought some project x 6.0 shafts of good old eBay, but a few of them contain something in the bottom of the shafts. Could someone please tell me what they are for and there purpose. Thanks Dean [URL=http://s1007.photobucket.com/user/Deanearle10/media/image_zps40b86d6a.jpg.html] [/URL]

my guess is a factory weight to get the SW correct.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I'm guessing a weight plug. Not all clubheads are spot on in weight so eight plugs, or lead powder followed by a cork at the bottom of the shaft will be added to get it close to matching the other irons in the set.  With PX shafts it could even be more needed since the shaft weight varies from club to club, on purpose, longer irons are lighter and shorter irons are heavier.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now