IGNORED

How can the Playgrounds forum become more active?

Guest ShadowXOR
Note: This thread is 6050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guest ShadowXOR
Maybe it's just me but I would imagine the Playgrounds forum would be much more active. If you're not playing a great course golf isn't much fun! I expected a lot more conversation but there really aren't too many posts in there very often compared to some of the other forums. For such an important aspect of the game this seems strange. I know we have home course threads, worst course threads, etc. but it is very hard to find any information on courses. Searching only helps if they include a lot of information on the course, city, state, etc. And if they don't type out "Washington" I can't just search by "WA", it's too short, plus it would bring up way too many things. I'm not sure of a solution to promote activity or a way to make courses in your area easier to find. My only idea is perhaps to make sub-forums within the Playgrounds forum for each area. It could be by state (Washington, California, etc.) or could be by area so that there are less forums and more activity (like Pacific Northwest which would include Washington, Oregon, etc.). That way people could find courses within their state and the states around them more easily, and promote more discussion for people who reside in the same area. Currently it's just a jumble of everyone. I really like my area idea (like Pacific Northwest) but I would love to hear more thoughts on it.

• Administrator
I think we've not done that kind of thing because there are sites devoted to providing information, reviews, etc. of courses already, and a forum probably isn't the best piece of software to solve that problem. We also discuss issues that aren't bound to a region (like discussions of architecture styles, better names for "links" courses, etc.). And what about International users?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guest ShadowXOR
I think we've not done that kind of thing because there are sites devoted to providing information, reviews, etc. of courses already, and a forum probably isn't the best piece of software to solve that problem. We also discuss issues that aren't bound to a region (like discussions of architecture styles, better names for "links" courses, etc.). And what about International users?

Maybe we could have it sets up so that the general forum "Playgrounds" is for all non-region based discussion. Europe is a small place so it could have their own section, along with the split up of the US such as Pacific Northwest, etc. Just an idea. I think it would be great to be able to find all of the Washington, Oregon, etc. people near me and chat with them in a dedicated section of the forum so that we meet up. I think it would work but you run the show. :)

Maybe we could have it sets up so that the general forum "Playgrounds" is for all non-region based discussion. Europe is a small place so it could have their own section, along with the split up of the US such as Pacific Northwest, etc. Just an idea. I think it would be great to be able to find all of the Washington, Oregon, etc. people near me and chat with them in a dedicated section of the forum so that we meet up. I think it would work but you run the show. :)

I think this might be a good idea, too. I need to tee it up with someone around the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area, anyway.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I allways thought Playgrounds were to set up rounds with fellow users.We should push for more get togethers between posters.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Guest ShadowXOR
I allways thought Playgrounds were to set up rounds with fellow users.We should push for more get togethers between posters.

Which would be much easier to do with separate sections.

• Administrator
Which would be much easier to do with separate sections.

Honestly, I think all we'd have then is a bunch of forums (rather than one) that don't get many posts. This country's pretty big - even 50 regions (by state) isn't going to work. I can drive for six or eight hours and still be in Pennsylvania. Anyone that lives right on the border of one region will be closer to another region, but may not think to check there, etc.

Just strikes me as a headache with little to no gain. Playgrounds is already a subforum. I don't think elevating it to a main forum with its own subforums will do much of anything. Look how much discussion THIS thread has gotten. Next to none.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Guest ShadowXOR
Look how much discussion THIS thread has gotten. Next to none.

Exactly, because this forum is so inactive since it is currently completely impossible to find other people to play with no one even bothers to come into this section. It's your forum but I respectfully disagree with your thoughts on it.

plus with us Canadians, there would be a multitude of forums.

Usually use NXT Extreme's or HX Hot's
Soon to be Home Track : Grey Silo GC (71.5 / 128)

• 3 weeks later...
I love my area too, there are 40+ golf courses within 50 miles of my house......It's awesome.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to add the two courses I have played recently :)
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

• 3 weeks later...
I would section it off by states, then cities, & then courses. this would make reviews easier to get to and make. I mean I would use it all the time if it was done that way. i travel and just started playing golf and would love to take my set but most of the time i can't find a course that is not private.

Driver: Pinemeadows Bloc Driver 10
Hybrid: Adams A2 3 and 4 iron stiff
Irons: A2 hybrid irons
Wedges: Golf Smith 56 and 60 Degree
Putter: Pinemeadows bladeBall: Nike Power Distance softBag: Datrek Icon

• Administrator
I would section it off by states, then cities, & then courses. this would make reviews easier to get to and make. I mean I would use it all the time if it was done that way. i travel and just started playing golf and would love to take my set but most of the time i can't find a course that is not private.

A separate sub-forum for every city in the U.S., then, eh? Oh, and Canada. And the UK. I'm assuming the courses could just be threads...

Suffice to say: ain't gonna happen.

Note: This thread is 6050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!