• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kelzzy

Christmas sale for Titleist AP2 714's?

7 posts in this topic

Does anybody know if / where there's going to be a sale on the Titelist AP2 714's? I've been looking but can't find any, but I'm sure the clubs will go on sale for Christmas, right?

Thanks for the help

Does anybody know if / where there's going to be a sale on the Titelist AP2 714's? I've been looking but can't find any, but I'm sure the clubs will go on sale for Christmas, right?

Thanks for the help

Not likely, Titleist doesn't typically discount their current models, not even for Christmas.  If you need less expensive clubs, consider the 712's, they aren't that much different than the 714's.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not likely, Titleist doesn't typically discount their current models, not even for Christmas.  If you need less expensive clubs, consider the 712's, they aren't that much different than the 714's.

Thanks for the reply. That's probably what I'll do.. I was hoping for the 714's to go on sale, but if they aren't, I might as well get the 712's.. they're a whole $300+ cheaper and aren't that different. Thanks again

I wouldn't count on it. Titleist rarely ever has sales for their irons.

Does anybody know if / where there's going to be a sale on the Titelist AP2 714's? I've been looking but can't find any, but I'm sure the clubs will go on sale for Christmas, right?

Thanks for the help

Like others have said, TItleist doesn't do sales, weird that you think they would discount clubs that were just released.  If you were searching for a sale, might help to actually spell the name of the company correctly ;-)

There is very little margin in clubs to warrent a mark down of more than 10-15% tops with current Titleist

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • I think a putter fitting is very important. For two things: Aim. Most people can't aim the putter(s) they own. Distance. The weight distribution in the putter greatly affects how well you can hit putts the proper distance.
    • Thanks, interesting, and not surprising. The marketing myths in golf equipment aren't unlike so many consumer products, yet I fall for some of them. Kind makes me wonder why so many folks here stress how important a putter fitting is. I know what length feels comfortable, I can see if the lie is reasonable and I can decide for myself if a putter looks, feels and putts "right" to me. For now I'm going to see if more practice cures my inconsistencies with my old putter.
    • My experience says no but I suppose some change in mechanics could bring about more distance. The major component is your athletic ability. For example, I started playing and hitting my PW 100 yards. I purchased new irons and was up to 130. Again I purchased new irons and and the PW is 140. My swing and lag has progressed considerably since I started but I am very athletic and aware of my biomechanics and body position. Unless you are making swing changes, or don't understand where your power is generated, you will not gain much distance.
    • I'm glad you're enjoying golf Joe, but how could a Scot not? Oh! I thought that was so clever! Distance comes with clubhead speed and solid contact. Both must work together to produce the desired result. If I had my "druthers" (an American idiom as far as I know), I would prefer solid contact over pure clubhead speed. I see plenty of guys who can swing the club amazingly hard, and hit the ball a long way, but have no idea where it will end up. Centered contact will allow you to maximize the distance of your swing speed and have some idea where the ball is going. As your swing become more "grooved" you may be able to increase your speed and hit the ball farther. I'd suggest you learn the game with the equipment you have. Absolutely nothing wrong with Dynamic Gold R300 shafts. On the PGA Tour, J.B. Holmes plays Dynamic Gold S400 shafts in his irons. And he's a Tour Pro! If you don't have a clubfitter or coach to work with, I'd tell you to resist falling into the trap of "buying a better swing"! Meaning buying more and (maybe) better equipment hoping to shave a few strokes!
    • Anything else probably feels like they are "pushing rope." I use XS in my driver and irons. They feel awesome. I use stiff in my fairway woods, they feel equally awesome. I tried reg flex irons and they are horribly whippy and lack feel so I assume it's even worse for some pros.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. bigtosh90
      bigtosh90
      (27 years old)
    2. dopplegvnger
      dopplegvnger
      (25 years old)
    3. Frank62
      Frank62
      (55 years old)