IGNORED

Your Lowest Round Ever

majorchamp
Note: This thread is 3857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Years ago when I was a member at a course my best round was a 74. Shot 32-42. Quit playing for many years and just got back to playing about 6 months ago. Recently started playing on the Golfweek Amateur Tour to fill a competitive gap and shot what I consider my best round ever. Ironically it was also a 74 (36-38) but to do it in a tournament meant that much more to me.

:nike:Covert Tour 9.5*,  :nike:Covert Tour 3 wood,  :nike:Covert Tour 5 wood, :callaway: Razr X Tour 3-Aw,   CG14 56*, :tmade:Ghost Spider S Slant,  :nike:One Rzn,  SGXw, :bushnell: V6

On 8/27/10 at my home course I had bogey on 1..birdie on 9...and 16 pars for an even par 72. Funny thing is..I hit the ball much better now but havent managed to score lower than 74 since then.

9032LS  Driver Speedline Fast 10 3w  2009 TP  3-PW

Tour Action 588 60* and 56*  Reg 588 50*  Classic #1 Black  Gamer V2

67 on a Par 72 course, that was only 5900 yards, and i hit the ball a long way so i kind of take that round with a grain of salt.  I didn't even putt that well, every birdie i had was literally within 3 feet cause I almost drove 2 different par 4s (only about 310 and 320 yards) and then absolutely murdered the "par 5's" (one was less than 500 yards and extremely down hill).

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

I've had lower rounds on easier courses but my best round was a 76 from the tips at Capstone Golf Club. Course rating 75.1.

My best ever part of a round (hahaha) was a day in the winter and only had time for 8 holes and had to use the lights on my cart to make the last putt. Had 7 birdies and 1 par in those 8 holes. That was 4 years ago and I have been waiting for that magic to return ever since.

(Still waiting).

Best 9 hole: 34

Best 18 hole: 71

Favorite 18 hole score: 75 highlighted by an eagle on the 430 yard par 4 10th - played from the tips @ 7,200 yard, (M-75.0/142)  Bear Creek in Murrieta.

VR-S Covert
taylormade.gif Burner 3 wood
taylormade.gif 3-AW

56*
cleveland.gif CG14 60*
Laguna 2

My lowest round is 64 on a par 72, it was during the first round of my PAT, I was scratch at the time.

Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme Matrix Ozik 7M3

Callaway X Hot Pro Mayrix Ozik 8M3

Callaway X Hot Pro 18* Matrix Ozik HM2

Callaway X Forged 2013 3-PW Project X PXi

Callaway Forged 52* & 58* Project X PXi

Odyssey Versa #9

Callaway HEX Black Tour

Originally Posted by phan52

I had a 75 on a local muni, but I don't count that.

77 on a legit, big boy golf course.

I love it when someone makes this sort of claim, as if city ownership somehow negates any possibility that a course might be worth the bother.

Here's a muni for you:  Par 72, 7705 yards - rating 75.8, slope 135

Here's another:  three 9's, each is par 36.  The shortest combination is a bit over 7100 yards, the other 2 are about 7300. The three combos are:

Rating/slope

73.9/147

73.9/146

72.8/146

Both of the above layouts are Nicklaus designs, and both are city owned and operated, one in Colorado and the other in Montana.

Just north of Denver is a Dye designed muni too: Par 72, 7067 yards - 73.3/134

Another just minutes west of Denver is yet another really nice city course;  Par 72,  at 6831 yards the shortest one I've listed, but still with a 72.5 rating and 139 slope.

Dismissing a municipal course out of hand can be quite shortsighted.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The round I am most proud of is scoring an EVEN PAR round of 72 playing the tips.............7121yds....75.1CR 141slope on my previous home course.

I also scored a 68 on the same course from shorter tees..........6564yds....72.5CR 137slope.Technically speaking, the 68 is the better score by a full stroke, but going around in even par from the tips gave me more personal satisfaction.

PS....I needed 6 birdies and 1 eagle to shoot 68......LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

PS....I needed 6 birdies and 1 eagle to shoot 68......LOL

Sweet!

BTW......maybe we should start asking, what's your lowest differential ever.

We'll get a better answer, and we'll also find out who actually has a valid hcp and not only understands what a differential is, but can calculate it!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

I had a 75 on a local muni, but I don't count that.

77 on a legit, big boy golf course.

I love it when someone makes this sort of claim, as if city ownership somehow negates any possibility that a course might be worth the bother.

Here's a muni for you:  Par 72, 7705 yards - rating 75.8, slope 135

Here's another:  three 9's, each is par 36.  The shortest combination is a bit over 7100 yards, the other 2 are about 7300. The three combos are:

Rating/slope

73.9/147

73.9/146

72.8/146

Both of the above layouts are Nicklaus designs, and both are city owned and operated, one in Colorado and the other in Montana.

Just north of Denver is a Dye designed muni too: Par 72, 7067 yards - 73.3/134

Another just minutes west of Denver is yet another really nice city course;  Par 72,  at 6831 yards the shortest one I've listed, but still with a 72.5 rating and 139 slope.

Dismissing a municipal course out of hand can be quite shortsighted.

True dat!

And scores  alone mean nothing with out the course rating and slope.

In David's bag....

• Administrator

From here: http://thesandtrap.com/b/courses/golfing_scotland_with_go_ahead_tours

Quote:
On a day when the standard scratch score was 81 (a +3 had shot 78), I'm pleased to have gone round in 76, including a three-putt bogey at the Redan hole and a birdie after hitting an Audi parked just right of the short 18th, putting from behind and right of the green, and sinking a 20-footer for our group's last stroke in Scotland.

So on that day my round was equivalent to a +5 or so. That may be one of my best rounds.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Here's one of my most memorable rounds, even though I just shot my handicap that day.  Par 72 at just 6241 yards, 69.3 rating and 131 slope.  I carded an 84, even after breaking a bone in my left wrist on the 4th hole, and still beat the guy I was playing with.  He was one of my wife's business associates, up from Houston for a meeting, and we played Fossil Trace in Golden CO from the Blue (middle) tees.  The wager was a late lunch/early dinner at the Briarwood Inn ( a very nice upscale restaurant in Golden).  A couple of drinks helped to mitigate the pain, and one of the best prime (true prime) rib dinners I've had anywhere made living the next 4 weeks without golf slightly more bearable.

For whatever reason, that 84 was still one of the best ball striking rounds I've ever had.  Being unable to bend my wrist seemed to keep my swing on plane better, even though I lost significant distance with every club.  Once I adjusted to the reduced length, everything seemed to go right where I hit it.  Direction was spot on.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Here's one of my most memorable rounds, even though I just shot my handicap that day.  Par 72 at just 6241 yards, 69.3 rating and 131 slope.  I carded an 84, even after breaking a bone in my left wrist on the 4th hole, and still beat the guy I was playing with.  He was one of my wife's business associates, up from Houston for a meeting, and we played Fossil Trace in Golden CO from the Blue (middle) tees.  The wager was a late lunch/early dinner at the Briarwood Inn ( a very nice upscale restaurant in Golden).  A couple of drinks helped to mitigate the pain, and one of the best prime (true prime) rib dinners I've had anywhere made living the next 4 weeks without golf slightly more bearable.

For whatever reason, that 84 was still one of the best ball striking rounds I've ever had.  Being unable to bend my wrist seemed to keep my swing on plane better, even though I lost significant distance with every club.  Once I adjusted to the reduced length, everything seemed to go right where I hit it.  Direction was spot on.

I gotta wonder......how many sick puppies like me are out there right now contemplating whether or not to take a hammer their left wrist.

In David's bag....

Best tournament round was a -8 62 on a par 70, but 65.2 rating course. Went out in 27 (-8) with 6 birdies, 2 pars and an eagle (all but one putts over 10 feet, and one was a chip-in birdie from 40 yards), then bogeyed 10 and 11. Made one more birdie and one more bogey leading into 18, where I drove the green and made the 8-footer for an eagle and a 62. The back nine is actually easier on that course, so going out in 27 and having a hot putter I was salivating about dropping a 59, but got a terrible lie in a bunker on 10 and couldn't get it out on the first swing. Frustrating. Silly isn't it, shoot a 62 and come away with frustration. Only golf!

Best score against the rating was a pair of 67s on a 72.2 course later that year. I've hovered between +2 and +3 the past two years. Gonna see if some lessons can push me into going low on more legit courses and qualifying for some of the national USGA events.

-6 on two different courses ... 65- par 71, 66-par 72

both featured 6 birdies and 12 pars, my only two bogey free rounds to date

Note: This thread is 3857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!