• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paiste

Shafts for High Ball Trajectory

4 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a used set of Mizuno MP 32 Irons (4-PW) and I absolutely love them. I've always used game improvement cavity backs (currently own a set of Taylormade Rocketbladez, which I also love) but I feel more confident with bladed irons, especially at address.

The stock shafts, Dynamic Gold S300, don't seem stable enough (if that makes any sense). I was wondering which are the better shafts for launching the ball into a higher trajectory. I normally hit the ball nice and high but with the Mizuno's, my ball flight is much lower, so I'd like to reclaim that high flight with my blades.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reason ball is going lower is probably more due to the center of gravity being higher and closer to the face on a muscleback.  RBZ irons are the complete opposite.

To answer your question, KBS Tour 90 shafts are designed to launch the ball higher http://kbsgolfshafts.com/shafts/kbs-tour-90

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dynamic Golf shafts are designed to launch the ball low. TT Dynalite shafts have a high launch.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Reason ball is going lower is probably more due to the center of gravity being higher and closer to the face on a muscleback.  RBZ irons are the complete opposite.

To answer your question, KBS Tour 90 shafts are designed to launch the ball higher http://kbsgolfshafts.com/shafts/kbs-tour-90

That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/woods-fusion-surgery-brought-instant-nerve-relief Hmm....some positive indications. Will believe it when I see it but still positive. In the least glad he is feeling better.
    • Thanks.  I was a member here for some years in the past. I'm not sure what happened to my posts. Eric said something about a board change (When I tried to login my account said banned and I had to contact the admin to find out why). I always loved it here. But it's hard to deal with when you can't play.  Unfortunately though, walking more than 9 holes is out of the question. Too hard on my foot. So i'll be carting it from here on in. I never used a cart without my dad before (he's 60 and can't walk 18 anymore with his knees).
    • Wow.  That's quite a bit of adversity you've had to fight through because of someone else's mistake.  Congrats on making it back to being able to play, and best wishes to you on your continuing recovery. If I were you, I'd do my best to not have any concern for the final score tomorrow, though I know that's easier said than done.  But given all the physical changes and the long layoff, it seems unreasonable to expect too much your first time back out.  You'll get there.  I hope you're able to enjoy the fact that you're back out there playing again.  Getting your game where you want it will then be just another challenge, and one I bet you'll be up to. And BTW, nice avatar.  Big Bruins fan, here.  Go B's.  Let us know how the round goes.
    • I went today for my fitting fully expecting to drop $200-$300 on a new shaft.  But after about 45 minutes on the FlightScope I ended up with a Ping Tour 65R for $60, and he didn't charge for the time.  Plus I learned a lot about my swing.  I highly recommend Mark Vallier at MK Golf Technologies.
    • So, a year has passed. Have forgotten to post here about the course. Final layout is like this:   The rectangular bunker is actually a beach volleyball court and these 2 sand traps are being constructed at the moment. As my home is a holiday center/ guest  house, we have to keep the lawn as small as possible so it would be nice. That height is ok for fairways(could be better, but whatever). At the moment all the area is mown  with the same height, but i will try to have 2 different lenghts: the usual height that we have been using and then 1-2cm higher rough. All the  lawn around the houses is always low, so there is no chance of having multi level lawn.  The condition of the greens could be better but I hope that with warmer temperatures, they will get thicker and nicer. Will add some photos later!
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. aaustin2
      aaustin2
      (32 years old)
    2. fotoguy1958
      fotoguy1958
      (59 years old)
    3. Will Binegar
      Will Binegar
      (60 years old)