IGNORED

Anyone tried the O-Factor swing?

Note: This thread is 6127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.golf.com/golf/instruction...593284,00.html

Anyone else tried this swing? I read the article in Golf magazine (I posted the online version above) which reviews the Robert Baker O-Factor swing. I must say I followed it back in April and it had a dramatic effect on improving my golf swing.

Anyone else try it?
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

If it gets you to do it correctly I'm all for it, but just reading the article I think there are a lot of players that would do it incorrectly.

Equipment, Setup, Finish, Balance, and Relax. All equal in importance and all dependent on each other. They are the cornerstones of a good golf swing.

It amazes me how complicated someone can make the game seem. While golf is not easy, it is simple. I got two pictures into that sequence and was like, WTF? This is why beginners have so much trouble taking up the game. That article is geared, MAYBE, toward the single-digit guy looking to maximize yards through a subtle, yet improved, hip action. Anyone from a 10 and up doesn't need that complication, and likely has many more basic problems.

I'm saying it for the record, but I'm not saying anything yet, but my idea is getting further validation......

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Did Bill O'Reilly come up with this swing?

What are you supposed to do? Blow a lot of hot air at the ball and call it un-American when it doesn't go anywhere?

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

Did Bill O'Reilly come up with this swing?

That's classic!

I just read the new issue of Golf last night. They have some new fandangled swing in there that had me rolling last night.......the no backswing swing. WTF? Seriously, it tells you tell set the club at the top (like a baseball bat), get ready, then swing at the ball. And this wasn't a drill, it was suppose to be a real swing......

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

I had a hard time getting the ball in the air with my driver at the beginning of the year. I took lessons and found out that I didn't have an spin tilt away from the target. When I did tilt, I got the ball in the air. I think that the tilt away from the target is essentially what the "O" factor is. If it is the same thing, this did a lot for my game.
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

I had a hard time getting the ball in the air with my driver at the beginning of the year. I took lessons and found out that I didn't have an spin tilt away from the target. When I did tilt, I got the ball in the air. I think that the tilt away from the target is essentially what the "O" factor is. If it is the same thing, this did a lot for my game.

That's really all I took from it was the tilting through impact....stopped the chunk shots for me. But hey whatever works is the key for each golfer

What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

That's classic!

Hey, try it. It actually works. No kidding.

WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Hey, try it. It actually works. No kidding.

Agreed. Look at how long JB Holmes can hit his drives and he doesn't take the club all the way back.

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

Agreed. Look at how long JB Holmes can hit his drives and he doesn't take the club all the way back.

That's not what the no backswing swing is. You're suppose to start with the club at the top of your backswing, not lined up behind the ball.

I'm sure it works.....I just don't see myself eliminating half the swing. Seems pretty hokey to me........but whatever works for you.

Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

That's not what the no backswing swing is. You're suppose to start with the club at the top of your backswing, not lined up behind the ball.

Oops..I didn't read the article, just assumed it was to shorten the back swing...that does seem hokey.

PutterKarsten Anser2

Yeah, I hit a sawed off driver all the time, nothing odd about shortening your backswing. But eliminating it? That's a different story.........

This is not new stuff. It is very good and it's just axis tilt and pivot. Ben Doyle has taught this for 30-40 years.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

This is not new stuff. It is very good and it's just axis tilt and pivot. Ben Doyle has taught this for 30-40 years.

So that's what its called! It works well for me.

WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Note: This thread is 6127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!