IGNORED

My Swing (Anpe)

Anpe
Note: This thread is 3321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey.

I've been ill most of 2014, you're able to tell that from my dramatic weight loss, this is how my swing looks now at the end of the year.

Any thoughts on it?

• Administrator

Are you able to get outside for a swing at a ball?

How far does your 7I go?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How far does your 7I go?

Hi, yeah I could do that but not today, it's snowing outside.

my average 7 iron is around 165-175yards, club head speed about  100mph (7I)

• Administrator

Hi, yeah I could do that but not today, it's snowing outside.

my average 7 iron is around 165-175yards, club head speed about  100mph (7I)

Really? 10 MPH faster than the PGA Tour average (and yet 7 yards shorter)?

We can't easily diagnose or comment on practice swings. I'd love to offer some thoughts, but only on swings where you're hitting a golf ball.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

I get the ball to where I want it most of the time however If I miss I hit a pull hook.

My issues are (I’m sure there are more than these ones).

I’ve got some physical limitations; my right wrist is stiff (from a motorcycle accident) so I lack the ability to bend it to create proper lag,

I still manage to hit the ball long but the ball flight is higher then I would like it to be.

I’ve noticed that I have a reverse slot swing, and I don’t like it…

In this sequence I’ve tried to begin the Up swing Steeper than I usually  do, I’m also standing a bit farther from the ball to prevent me from “shrugging” my shoulders at impact.

How far does your 7I go?

Hey :)

I posted a clip of me actually hitting a ball.

(with some comments too)

/A

• Administrator

So…

From the top, feel as though you pull the handle down a bit straighter. You extend your right elbow very early in the downswing and that applies outward pressure, which sends the arc wider and kicks the shaft out.

So…

From the top, feel as though you pull the handle down a bit straighter. You extend your right elbow very early in the downswing and that applies outward pressure, which sends the arc wider and kicks the shaft out.

okay, i'm not entirely sure what you're saying :) could you please elaborate :)

More like this instead of the right arm extending out and away from you.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

More like this instead of the right arm extending out and away from you.

oh, okay I see thanks, I'll have to see If I can manage that with my right wrist  it seem like a good  drill .

• Administrator

To add to what Mike has said…

In the pictures, you extend your right elbow from the top of your backswing, which throws your hands and the shaft to the left (in the images above from the FO view - left is away from the target, right is toward it). I'd rather see you pull the handle down more, keeping the right elbow flex longer.

oh, okay I see thanks, I'll have to see If I can manage that with my right wrist  it seem like a good  drill .

Don't worry so much about the wrist, it's more about keeping the elbow from straightening so soon and the direction the hands/handle are moving on the downswing. Handle will feel like it's moving more "down" rather than "casting" it behind you.

Mike McLoughlin

Don't worry so much about the wrist, it's more about keeping the elbow from straightening so soon and the direction the hands/handle are moving on the downswing. Handle will feel like it's moving more "down" rather than "casting" it behind you.

Ah, okay Will work on that. I'm assuming that doing this will help keeping the club head "Behind "the hands and by doing so preventing coming out-in on impact?

Ah, okay Will work on that. I'm assuming that doing this will help keeping the club head "Behind "the hands and by doing so preventing coming out-in on impact?

Correct you want to get it looking more like the right pic and not the left pic. Also you want it to comes as a "reaction" to what the arms/hands are doing, not consciously trying to "hold" the wrist angles.

Mike McLoughlin

Correct you want to get it looking more like the right pic and not the left pic. Also you want it to comes as a "reaction" to what the arms/hands are doing, not consciously trying to "hold" the wrist angles.

Hi

I've got some "Down the line" sequences to share, although I haven't really managed to do it the way you suggested yet, If I practice swing without a ball the swing looks better, but when I stand up to a ball I kind of fall back into old patterns ( I'm sure  that is the case for many golfers though).  Swing speed  on the 6iron (to the left) was 99mph, path 2,0 inside out. Swing speed driver 112mph path 1,3 inside out. I suppose the only thing to do is to keep on doing the drill.

All the best!!

• 2 months later...

Videos:

Spring had a slight setback today after a couple of weeks of pretty nice weather it started snowing again.

Ah well it'll get better next week according to the weather service :)

Well I've been working on my swing all winter, the trackman results look pretty good and I'm looking forward to getting outside.

I'm pondering if the right knee being straight at the top of the back swing will be a problem or not!?! any thoughts on that?

/Anpe

@Anpe

I modified the thread title to match the other member threads.  Most usually fill out the info below in there start thread.  It keeps it consistent and helps out the folks reviewing your thread.

I've been Playing Golf for:

My current handicap index or average score is:

My typical ball flight is:

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!