IGNORED

Attention to Mizuno MP59 Player

Note: This thread is 3223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dear MP59 Players

I used to play CompEZ for almost 8 years (a great gift from Mizuno in Switzerland) and i loved them.

I wanted to buy my first set of clubs and went for a fitting in a Mizuno center to keep with the same brand i was satisfied with... (in Paris - France) It was very interesting and impressive how fitting does matter...and  i finally choose MP59 Irons

I feel comfy and trust them, and they look fine to me even if at the beginning they looked "tiny & small"(they are to my point of view less forgiving but better rewarding and feeling softly than my old clubs...)

The point is that within 4 or 5 months they started to show some rust on the back... (i took good care of the CompEZ and kept then clean and dry for long time without any sign of rust on them)

It started with a 4 iron, then 9 to 5, finally only the 3 and W are "clean" at this time.

I tried to use some soft material to remove the rust, no results, i tried with the "metallic" brush made for cleaning irons, the rust came back...

Not to mention than the MP59 are stored in dry conditions and i did not change the way i look after them...

I advise Mizuno France of my problem, and the answer was "special", as they answer that the irons are not made on the same line, so it was "impossible".... i took some pictures and email them...

So as we talk i sent them back to France (I am living in North Africa).

Did this occur to anybody here ? What would you recommend fort treatment ?

Regards

Alexandre

PS: Forgive me for any fault or lack of vocabulary, English is not my native language.

Sorry to hear that happened to your irons! I've had my MP-59s for about 1.5 years now and I haven't had any issues with rust so far. I keep them pretty clean and always make sure they are dry.

I'm not sure what to use to clean up already formed rust. I'm sure others will have some ideas.

They shouldn't rust they have a chrome finish on them. I think the face might be the actual steel, but I never had a club rust unless it was meant to (some cleveland wedges), but the rest of the body is a chrome finish. I think that is a titanium insert in the back, so that shouldn't rust. Not a clue, did you get MP-59 knock offs? If not then call the parent company and have them refinished. Mizuno should do this at no charge.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dear Matt

Thanks for your reply, 2 weeks from now on, and still no news, but i shall have some by the end of the week.

On my point of view, i think Mizuno is a serious company with a good sense of customer care and after sell service, this case will be interesting to measure how much i am correct :o)

Either they rebuilt new irons, or they will refinished the original ones, i wish the will provide a correct and true answer on what was going on...

As my English is not my first language, if you mean by "did you get MP-59 knock offs?" that i bought "fake" MP59", it is simply impossible, as i went to the National Mizuno Fitting Center in The Golf National (where the Ryder Cup is going to be .... hourra :o) and then they directly sent the "Fitting info" to one of their registered Dealer in Paris... it is simply impossible... unless Mizuno workers in Japan are doing moonlight work in the factory with crap materials :o)

To be continued...

Dear Matt

Thanks for your reply, 2 weeks from now on, and still no news, but i shall have some by the end of the week.

On my point of view, i think Mizuno is a serious company with a good sense of customer care and after sell service, this case will be interesting to measure how much i am correct :o)

Either they rebuilt new irons, or they will refinished the original ones, i wish the will provide a correct and true answer on what was going on...

As my English is not my first language, if you mean by "did you get MP-59 knock offs?" that i bought "fake" MP59", it is simply impossible, as i went to the National Mizuno Fitting Center in The Golf National (where the Ryder Cup is going to be .... hourra :o) and then they directly sent the "Fitting info" to one of their registered Dealer in Paris... it is simply impossible... unless Mizuno workers in Japan are doing moonlight work in the factory with crap materials :o)

To be continued...

Just wondering because I find it strange that they would rust. I have never had a club rust on me. I live in Ohio which is gets every conceivable weather possible, including crazy humidity. Like I said the only clubs that ever rusted are those designed to, like some Cleveland wedges. This is shocking that Mizuno would not respond quickly to you in this fashion. I had the wrong golf shaft put in my golf clubs, and the place I bought them from sent them back to Mizuno and I had my clubs back to me in about a week with the correct shafts. No hassle.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Got News from Mizuno

Believe it or not the answer from Mizuno France is :

We will not take your clubs into consideration for any guaranty because "You live and play on a course next to the sea !!!"

Yes unbelievable from a so called Serious Company such as Mizuno with one of the best forged irons on the market. The strange thing is that before returning the clubs to the store i told them i was living in Tunis -Tunisia.

As far as i know maybe more than 50% of the golf courses around the world are next to the sea or the ocean...so if you play in the desert, only miles away from any shore, then you can play Mizuno :o)

I wrote a letter to the shop and Mizuno in order to "complain" with that kind of answer which, to my personal point of view, is really freaking.

Could be just be Mizuon France. Not sure about the structure of the company like Mizuno, but you might want to try to contact the parent company.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• 1 year later...

I play 59's also, i don't take very good care of them, i clean them maybe 3 times a year. i do clean them with a towel after shots, but i never had any rust on them.

i see little dot's on the shaft now, but still in good condition.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Note: This thread is 3223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!