IGNORED

My Swing (BENtSwing32)

BENtSwing
Note: This thread is 3518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

@BENtSwing32 , please don't delete your previous videos. Leave them up, please - it's to YOUR advantage as well as the advantage of others.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@BENtSwing32, please don't delete your previous videos. Leave them up, please - it's to YOUR advantage as well as the advantage of others.

Right...I just didn't want them on my YouTube account for other reasons and had forgotten that they were linked here.

• Administrator
Right...I just didn't want them on my YouTube account for other reasons and had forgotten that they were linked here.

Just change them to unlisted please in the future. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So I tried what Mike taught me with a large bucket of full swings and it didn't work so I'm going to try some other quick fixes.....JUST KIDDING! That was my best Kyle impression ;-)

Anyway...after my lesson with @mvmac and Dana last Saturday I have been focusing on getting comfortable with the stronger grip by just doing it as much as possible. At home, at the office, etc. Starting to feel more natural, but I still have to consciously go through each step of getting each hand on the club properly.

Also working on the feeling of bowing the left wrist/cupping the right (cupping the right is an easier feeling for me, for whatever reason), holding that feeling as long as possible, shallowing the shaft on the downswing, and swinging out to the right. Keys #3 and #4 I guess? I haven't worked on it as much as I would have liked to this week...mostly just in the house for 10 min at a time with a mirror, but I finally got to the range tonight and recorded a little . . .

These practice swing-things were at the beginning of my session. After looking at them I was able to work on getting the path a lot more shallow and in-2-out, bowing the left wrist more. Didn't record anything else from this session, but was very encouraged by the results...not only ball flight (push draws) but easily 10-12 yards more carry distance with the irons I worked on and I didn't feel like I was swinging more than 80%...crazy. Once you get in that groove of bowing the wrist and getting the club path in>out, it literally feels like you can't mishit a ball! Why was I making it so hard with my nasty flip before?!?!?! :loco:

Just wanted to post this to remember how the picture is gradually changing. Next update will hopefully be much more in depth. As always, tips, comments, etc. are more than welcome.

• Upvote 1

Also working on the feeling of bowing the left wrist/cupping the right (cupping the right is an easier feeling for me, for whatever reason), holding that feeling as long as possible, shallowing the shaft on the downswing, and swinging out to the right. Keys #3 and #4 I guess?

Nice work Ben, yes the pieces you are focusing on are related to Keys 3/4.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Nice work Ben, yes the pieces you are focusing on are related to Keys 3/4.

Thanks Mike.

Played over the weekend with the new swing feels. Felt really good. +9. Lost a couple shots because I don't have my new distances right or consistent yet (hit one into a hazard over a green, a good 15 yards further than I though it would go), and a few more shots to missed fairways/bad approaches. The majority of my misses were pushes, so that is encouraging. Really just concentrated on grip and setup, "softer" right arm, then holding the cupped right wrist (bowed left) as long as possible on the downswing. Just a whole new ball flight, sound, divot, etc. with my irons. Awesome.

Trying to get to the range tonight or tomorrow to video.

• 3 weeks later...

Figured out how to break 80...play an "easy" par 71 course :-$ (6,015 yards / 68.5 / 118)...shot a 79. But, yeah, still had to hit the shots and make the putts.

Stats: 9/13 FWYS, 6/18 GIR, 30 putts

Best driving day I've ever had (not saying much), was "fitted" for a Bio Cell+ driver about a month ago after using only a 3W for so long. Such a nice looking, low-spinning club. Need to post a review of it while I still like it lol. Put in a lot of work w the driver over the last 4 weeks, it's nice to see results.

3 of the missed greens were fringes, so I'll take it I guess.

Had a plugged bunker shot which resulted in a double.

Not the greatest putting day ever, but just seeing a number in the 70's feels like some weird monkey off my back.

Things to work on: iron accuracy from 120+, putts from 20' and in, along with everything else lol

Figured out how to break 80...play an "easy" par 71 course  (6,015 yards / 68.5 / 118)...shot a 79. But, yeah, still had to hit the shots and make the putts.

Stats: 9/13 FWYS, 6/18 GIR, 30 putts

Best driving day I've ever had (not saying much), was "fitted" for a Bio Cell+ driver about a month ago after using only a 3W for so long. Such a nice looking, low-spinning club. Need to post a review of it while I still like it lol. Put in a lot of work w the driver over the last 4 weeks, it's nice to see results.

3 of the missed greens were fringes, so I'll take it I guess.

Had a plugged bunker shot which resulted in a double.

Not the greatest putting day ever, but just seeing a number in the 70's feels like some weird monkey off my back.

Things to work on: iron accuracy from 120+, putts from 20' and in, along with everything else lol

I was thinking the same thing after I read the first part.. You still had to make the shots!  Congrats!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been practicing much...whenever I get time to practice I usually just go play. Hitting the ball really well, so just trying not to mess that up lol. Last 4 rounds were 79, 78, 80, 78. Oh and got a new putter too! TaylorMade Ghost Tour Corza 72. Digging the extra weight compared to my Versa #9.

Also took my girls to Sea World which was rad :-D

Sorry for the VVS :no:

Range today. Regressed a sh*tload on Key #2. Need to work on that.

Not exactly happy with how it looks but pretty happy with the ball flight, distances, and consistency. Misses are pushes or hooks. Any pointers always welcome.

Note: This thread is 3518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!