IGNORED

Hitting not-so-properly-fitted clubs?

marvin
Note: This thread is 3612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Assuming that you already have solid and repeatable swing, what are the consequences of hitting a club that is not so properly fitted for you? For example, what would happen if you hit a club that is 0.5 inch longer or 0.5 inch shorter than you're supposed to play? What would happen if you hit a club that is too weak or too stiff? Loss in distance? What about control/accuracy?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Your a 27 hdcp and have to have swing flaws and probably not minor ones either, not trying to sound condescending but I think your worrying about something that's not worth worrying about at your current level.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

When I traveled and could only play golf once or twice, I usually rented clubs. As long as the set had regular or stiff, I could do OK. If the clubs were a little upright, I would aim right because the ball would probably come back to the left.

At time, I was about an 18 HDCP, so it wasn't like a degree flat or club 1/4" too short would be a disaster.

Main thing was the putter and the wedges. I would finagle to get a blade putter if the bag had a mallet. For wedges, you just had to try them out. Normally, I would go with chip and run whenever possible, less can go wrong.

Also, I never hit a strange driver on the road. I would always use the 3W for tee shots.

I usually didn't shoot much above my normal score, in part because I gambled less and played safer shots with a strange set of clubs.

On an occasional basis like this, uniftted clubs are no big deal. But if you have a set of clubs that doesn't quite fit you, then you're introducing more "wobble" into your game. That's why its best to get at least a static fitting before you buy a new - or used - set of clubs.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!