IGNORED

Directed Force Putters

SamGray
Note:Β This thread is 2396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Been away for a while, very busy these days...yes the Press Grip is usga conforming decision number 2014-800 (3*) , 2014-799 (1.5*) and the Directed Force Putter decision number 2014-801. Lie Angle balancing is working very well in the hands of some very good PGA club professionals and top ranked juniors. Thank you, take care.

Been away for a while, very busy these days...yes the Press Grip is usga conforming decision number 2014-800 (3*) , 2014-799 (1.5*) and the Directed Force Putter decision number 2014-801. Lie Angle balancing is working very well in the hands of some very good PGA club professionals and top ranked juniors. Thank you, take care.

Names? you're being awfully vague.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD Β :bridgestone: TD-03 PutterΒ  Β 
:tmade: 300 Tour 3WΒ Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H HybridΒ  Β  Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β 
:tmade: TP MC irons Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β 
:ping: Glide 54 Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

WOW some pretty nasty cyber warriors on here. Someone is offering an insight into something new and all they get is dished. Not a lot of thought behind some of that dishing either. If a currently sponsored tour pro is trying the new putter, do you think that just maybe they might not want their name splashed all over the interweb to appease the curious online.

Going forward I would be more concerned with business model of $300 and only sold by special fitting, which I would guess would only be available at very few locations, at least at first.

WOW some pretty nasty cyber warriors on here. Someone is offering an insight into something new and all they get is dished. Not a lot of thought behind some of that dishing either. If a currently sponsored tour pro is trying the new putter, do you think that just maybe they might not want their name splashed all over the interweb to appease the curious online.

Going forward I would be more concerned with business model of $300 and only sold by special fitting, which I would guess would only be available at very few locations, at least at first.

I'm guessing you haven't read the whole thread? Some pretty low quality shilling has been going on.

:tmade: 300 Tour 3WΒ Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes

I read it all hence the comments. Some dude trying to share something that he has tried and thinks works and a bit from the designer and plenty still climbing into them like they are trying to push the Hammer X driver POWWWW!

• Upvote 1

I read it all hence the comments. Some dude trying to share something that he has tried and thinks works and a bit from the designer and plenty still climbing into them like they are trying to push the Hammer X driver POWWWW!

The user golferrono clearly created a an account solely to hype this product which is against the rules of the forum. If you look at his posts and honestly believe it is all innocent I have a bridge in Brooklyn I might be willing to let go for the right price. :-P

The user golferrono clearly created a an account solely to hype this product which is against the rules of the forum. If you look at his posts and honestly believe it is all innocent I have a bridge in Brooklyn I might be willing to let go for the right price.

I mean, other than the fact that they were dishonest about how they were shills for the product and the claims behind the putter made no sense, I really have no issue with any of what happened.

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5Β° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15Β° wood, Callaway XR 19Β° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24Β° hybrid, Callaway X-24Β 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47Β°/12Β°, Cleveland REG 588 52Β°/08Β°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56Β°/13Β°, 60Β°/10Β°,Β Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

WHAM ! ! ! !

Funny...I just saw a "new" Hammer X infomercial at 7 pm. I can't believe they sell enough of those to pay to be on prime time.

Yes and no, it makes more sense than some of the other mumbo jumbo I have seen on the web/ being touted. Another site had a long running "affair" with the owners of Scratch Golf and most were interested in seeing a bit of what was going on inside a start up in the industry.

• 2 months later...

Stuart Smith, PGA Head Professional at Sommersette CC in Reno uses a Directed Force putter. He will be playing in the 2016 Senior PGA Championship.

My previous post was removed. Don't know why......maybe an explanationΒ is inΒ order? As a "newbie" to this blog (26Β years a golf pro) I don't want to go to "blogger jail!"Β 

Matt Holm, PGA

image.jpg

image.jpg

On August 26, 2015 at 9:23:26 AM, SavvySwede said:

Β 

The user golferrono clearly created a an account solely to hype this product which is against the rules of the forum. If you look at his posts and honestly believe it is all innocent I have a bridge in Brooklyn I might be willing to let go for the right price. :-P

Where are the rules posted?Β 

Edited by Matt Holm PGA
Spelling

On August 26, 2015 at 9:23:26 AM, SavvySwede said:

Β 

November 13th the UNLV Golf Team will be fitted for Directed Force Putters. Just saying you might want to reserve judgment until you've tried something firsthand.

Β 

"The truth is at first derided, then debated, then accepted as a matter of course"

Β 

Ernest Jones circa 1930

Hey guys, new poster, long time lurker. I have been reading up on this putter from this forum and a few others on the net and decided to go get fit. Once my fitting was completed, 66* lie angle and 33 inches in length, my order was submitted. After 8 days, I had a new putter waiting for me at my front door. I quickly made my way to the golf course to try this thing out. As many have stated, the look was unique. My first round was not great with the putter as I was not very confident in looking down at it. Although I did not make a lot of putts the first round, I did notice that the ball was rolling better than any putter I have ever used. I have never liked using a forward press as it made alignment tough for me. My hands were always behind the ball like Zach Johnson.

Since the roll was so good I became determined to get used to the look. It took me about a week of going to the putting green for about 30 minutes a day and hitting putts from about 10' and in to really appreciate what this putter can do. The roll was perfect, and once I got it in my head that I did not need to manipulate the face angle at all, the putts started dropping with regularity. I have had the Directed Force putter in play since July 1, 2015. Since then I have only had 5 round over par. I have had 2 streaks of 10 or more consecutive roundsΒ of par or better, the first of those streaks being 17. I am a combined 64 under par since that time including a new personal tournament scoring record of -12 60.Β Β 

I guess the best way I can sum up this putter is, she may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but I guarantee she is going to put out. If anyone has questions that I can answer please ask.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Matt Holm PGA said:

My previous post was removed. Don't know why......maybe an explanationΒ is inΒ order? As a "newbie" to this blog (26Β years a golf pro) I don't want to go to "blogger jail!"Β 

Where are the rules posted?Β 

Among other places…

http://thesandtrap.com/guidelines/

http://thesandtrap.com/a/welcome-to-the-sand-trap-community/

http://thesandtrap.com/a/faq

Generally speaking, though, if your only purpose here is to promote something, and you have not paid for that, you're likely in violation.Β ParticipateΒ and put in the time, and you're often welcome to promote things. With your first post, though? Not so much.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, Matt Holm PGA said:

November 13th the UNLV Golf Team will be fitted for Directed Force Putters.1 Just saying you might want to reserve judgment until you've tried something firsthand.

Β 

2 "The truth is at first derided, then debated, then accepted as a matter of course"

Β 

Ernest Jones circa 1930

1. Nothing I wrote in the post you quoted was wrong nor was it related to the merits of the putter so I haven't a clue what this is supposed to mean.

2. It's just a putter, a flat face on the end of a stick and that's it. Let's try not to get all high and mighty about it.

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2015, 11:54:31, Hack2putt said:

Seems potentially interesting a product / concept. I'd certainly be willing to test one out. I am not personally willing to spend $300 on a putter and therefore play an old used 8802 style blade. But I do keep my eye out on new stuff for the day I may upgrade (need to fix the Indian a bit first).

I prefer a lie angle that is pretty flat for putters these days. Do you offer a full range of lie angles, or a set number of lie angleΒ choices?Β I also am not sold on the grip. I have my own ideas about value of forward press and ball position for my style of swing. It seems that the grip effectively de-lofts the putter by 3 degrees at address. What is the standard loft of the putter face to begin with? Is the amount of putter face loft customizable?Β Do you offer a straight / standard grip option if I prefer not to de-loft that much?

On the sales side, I would recommend tweaking your website for readability Β - the text is very small and the color choices are tough on the eyes.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

@Matt Holm PGAΒ Is this in response to my post? If so you are being completely defensive. I am genuinely curious and want to know more and have posted questions I would ask of any retailer major or otherwise about their product.

The lack of flat lie putters in the market is one of the reasons that I bought an old used 8802 so I could have it bent. If it's something you offer it's a potential big selling point for me or others with similar preferences.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

27 minutes ago, natureboy said:

@Matt Holm PGAΒ Is this in response to my post? If so you are being completely defensive. I am genuinely curious and want to know more and have posted questions I would ask of any retailer major or otherwise about their product.

The lack of flat lie putters in the market is one of the reasons that I bought an old used 8802 so I could have it bent. If it's something you offer it's a potential big selling point for me or others with similar preferences.

Not regarding you. I am new to blogs.....

Directed Force Putters can be fitted from 59.5 to 79.5 degrees.

Β 

Note:Β This thread is 2396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!