IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any of you guys snake experts? I heard my wife yell this morning when she was cleaning out the pool skimmer and she came in and said a snake was in the skimmer basket and it tried to bite her. I went out to have a look and from the color it could have been either a ground rattler or a northern pine snake but I wasn't sure so I got some of those things you take spaghetti out of a pot with and reached in and grabbed it. It really got pissed off and was trying to strike at me but I was going to just take it down in the field and let it go. It slipped out of the prongs onto the ground so I tried to shoo it away toward the hay field but it came at me. My natural reaction was to whack it mid-strike in the head with the spaghetti grabbers and it killed it deader than a hammer. Pretty sure it wasn't a ground rattler because when I pried it's mouth open I couldn't see any fangs (unless they were folded back in). Hard to tell because it's mouth was bloody from being hit in the head. Plus the head really didn't look like a poisonous snake. I've seen quite a few timber rattlers and diamondbacks around here but have seen a ground rattler in so long I wouldn't know one if I saw it (I don't think) and they don't have rattles. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/100253/] [/URL]

I see a snake, I kill it on sight.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I see a snake, I kill it on sight.

I usually don't. If I'm out hunting or fishing I leave them alone and I never kill non-poisonous snakes even if they are close to my house. With this one it was more of a reaction without any time to think about it, and I wasn't completely sure it wasn't poisonous.

When I was a kid I killed a really big snake in our barn. When my dad got home and saw it he asked me if I killed that snake. When I told him I did he made me feel really bad when he said "I'm really disappointed that you did that. That snake wasn't hurting a thing and was eating mice and rats in the barn."

That little butt-chewing must have sunk in because I still don't kill them for no reason.

Bummer today. ;-)

I've been spending most of my spare time going through the stuff in my dad's house since he passed away. It seems they had every receipt for everything they had ever bought, every single card or letter that anyone had ever sent them, and every assignment every student they ever had turned in to them.

Then the tons of newspaper articles published when my brothers and I were playing ball.

Most of it is junk that I throw in the trash but occasionally I see something I want to keep. Have to admit it is a little fun reading old articles and looking at old pictures and re-living some glory days.

Then today in the middle of a bunch of junk I ran across what looked like some sort of very old $1,000 bank note. Naturally I tried to look it up on the internet when I got home and it seems that everybody in the country has one just like it. Same dates, names, and serial numbers.

Darn it. I thought I might have something.

Bummer today.

I've been spending most of my spare time going through the stuff in my dad's house since he passed away. It seems they had every receipt for everything they had ever bought, every single card or letter that anyone had ever sent them, and every assignment every student they ever had turned in to them.

Then the tons of newspaper articles published when my brothers and I were playing ball.

Most of it is junk that I throw in the trash but occasionally I see something I want to keep. Have to admit it is a little fun reading old articles and looking at old pictures and re-living some glory days.

Then today in the middle of a bunch of junk I ran across what looked like some sort of very old $1,000 bank note. Naturally I tried to look it up on the internet when I got home and it seems that everybody in the country has one just like it. Same dates, names, and serial numbers.

Darn it. I thought I might have something.

Sorry to hear about your Dad @MS256 . I'm not looking forward to that exercise some day.

The bank note should be worth at least $1000 though, shouldn't it?

- Shane

Don't make this political. I'm just using this picture of the President to show what NOT to do at Chipotle and similar restaurants. Keep your grubby hands on the correct side of the glass....it's there for a reason....don't be disgusting. Thank you.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Sorry to hear about your Dad @MS256. I'm not looking forward to that exercise some day.

The bank note should be worth at least $1000 though, shouldn't it?

Thanks.

No after reading about all of the other people that have exactly the same note (and all thinking they had something good) I'm assuming there are a whole lot of fakes for that particular note. It really is an impressive looking fake though.

Daddy liked to go over to the flea market and trade things and that's probably where he got it.

Funny thing was that there was an old Italian coin in there and I handed it to my daughter in law and asked her if she could figure out what is was.

She looked it up on her cell phone and said " Yeah it's worth $5. No check that. It's worth $50." So some of the stuff he brought home may have some value.

I tried to post a picture of the note but for some reason the picture wouldn't upload??? I'll try again.

Thanks.

No after reading about all of the other people that have exactly the same note (and all thinking they had something good) I'm assuming there are a whole lot of fakes for that particular note. It really is an impressive looking fake though.

Daddy liked to go over to the flea market and trade things and that's probably where he got it.

Funny thing was that there was an old Italian coin in there and I handed it to my daughter in law and asked her if she could figure out what is was.

She looked it up on her cell phone and said " Yeah it's worth $5. No check that. It's worth $50." So some of the stuff he brought home may have some value.

I tried to post a picture of the note but for some reason the picture wouldn't upload??? I'll try again.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, bud. Just a little related "money" humor.

Thanks.

I think it's Pawn Stars time. ;-)

- Shane

• 3 weeks later...
Hey I just saw this. The fifth one on the list is just down the river from my house. I've swam there many times. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cheapflights/take-the-plunge-11-swimmi_b_5531800.html

Hey I just saw this. The fifth one on the list is just down the river from my house. I've swam there many times.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cheapflights/take-the-plunge-11-swimmi_b_5531800.html

Looks like a nice swimming hole.

- Shane

Looks like a nice swimming hole.

It is a nice place, as is the whole canyon, but I was surprised that enough people would know about it to make somebody's list.

I still think of Little River Canyon as my private playground like it was when I was a kid. ;-)

I spent all afternoon on a college visit to UC with my daughter. I can't believe we'll be getting ready to send her off in a year. I hope she gets a big scholarship or I might have to give up golf. :bugout:

- Shane

I spent all afternoon on a college visit to UC with my daughter. I can't believe we'll be getting ready to send her off in a year. I hope she gets a big scholarship or I might have to give up golf.

I know the feeling. :surrender:

And that's when we started playing golf.

Funny thing was that we would go down and play a round about once a month and he would always tell me to bring him some Pro V1s. I would take him about 100 and a month later he would want another 100 because he had lost them all.

Finally I told him he was either going to have to start hitting the ball straighter or start using cheaper golf balls.

I know the feeling. :surrender:   And that's when we started playing golf. Funny thing was that we would go down and play a round about once a month and he would always tell me to bring him some Pro V1s. I would take him about 100 and a month later he would want another 100 because he had lost them all. Finally I told him he was either going to have to start hitting the ball straighter or start using cheaper golf balls.

She's a swimmer, not a golfer. Unfortunately, swim suits are EXPENSIVE.

- Shane

Currently counting cars and which way they turn at an intersection. Somebody thinks there should be a protected left turn signal. If there is a high enough left turn volume, then they will get it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I spent all afternoon on a college visit to UC with my daughter. I can't believe we'll be getting ready to send her off in a year.

I hear you..... My daughter starts High School in a couple of weeks. How did THAT happen?! She was in diapers just a few years ago....wasn't she? :-\

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I hear you.....

My daughter starts High School in a couple of weeks. How did THAT happen?! She was in diapers just a few years ago....wasn't she?

That's what I keep thinking. :blink:

On one hand, I'm proud of the young woman she has become, on the other I wonder what happened to that little girl.

- Shane

ODB 2 would probably tell you if you have a defective alternator. The on board computers are usually pretty good about diagnosing the general area of the problem.

There is a recall with an issue involving the Throttle Body...Ask you dealer about that and have them check the alternator while in the shop....

You can get it started and disconnect the battery.  If alternator is good, it should still run.  If bad, it will die....My wife has a 2011 Ford Escape XLT and I had to change the battery 2 months ago.  Was 1800 miles out of warranty.

Roy

Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!