IGNORED

You know what really grinds my gears?

P3R3
Note: This thread is 6099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

People that exagerate their driver distance. I always love when someone tells me they hit 300 yard drives and they are barely getting past my drives. I average a measly 250 off the tee and I am longer than most anyone I have ever been partnered with. In my mind I know you are NOT hitting 300 yard drives and my laser rangefinder proves it. I always love when people claim my laser range is "wrong" or "how accurate is that thing it cant be right". My Bushnell was the best investment I have ever made.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

I'm in a similar boat as you. I drive about 235, 240 pretty straight. I have friends who say they drive 290 CONSISTANTLY because they can do it once. More often then not there 10 yards ahead of me in the ruff :)

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

Gee, this story sounds familiar.

In my golfing career (lasting a measly six months) I've only met two people who could drive the ball three hundred yards. Neither of them were any consistent. One guy hit a lot of worm burners and the other guy didn't know where the ball was going to go. Hell, I beat both of them really badly (I shot 94, the others shot over 100 - one guy got a nice 15 on a hole which had OB on the right) with my 250 yard drives because I was actually in bounds and not losing balls. That was a few months ago. Now I drive the ball a bit further than that (I want to say 270) and am pretty consistent with it.

One of my father's old buddies says he hit it 315, or at least, "used to" when he was younger (He is 60-something). He still said he could hit it 250. Well, when he's hitting 7 iron and I am a chip away with my 270 yard drive on a hole... we all know how far he's hitting the ball. About 190 give or take.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Yea I drive it about 240-250...it's funny when people say these things, but I just say "Wow man, great drive." and then just move on.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I am pretty consistently around 270-275, sometimes some really great drives get out there 315, although obviously not very often, sometimes they go around 250-260.

Not many kids drive it that far most of the time, but playing with Tony and Gipper Finau is a humbling experience.

They both average WELL over 350 off the tee and it's just insane to play with them.

I can RIP a drive down the center, Gipper can hit a horrible sounding shot and still beat me by 40 yards.

:(
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

That doesnt really get under my skin. Those are the types that will be hackers for life. Being true to yourself will help you in the long run. Telling people youre a 2 handicap when you never break 80 will only hurt you, along with bragging about your drives. Because we all know the good players would rather have accuracy then distance. Then again with accuracy and smart play, the distance will come.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

This thread has been posted numerous times about the same topic...

but anyways, i have hit 300+ yard drives,only twice. i have no idea how accurate the markers is, but id really like to play with someone with a range finder.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I can honestly say that I can hit the ball 300 yards about 20% of the time. My drives average about 270, but I too have played with countless people who claim they hit their drive 300+ CONSISTENTLY, only to see them hook or slice all over the place and shoot 95. I am WAY happier when I hit one 270 right down the pipe than when I have to chase one on to the adjacent fareway that went 305. Distance off the tee isn't that important, just look at the PGA stats, noone in th top 5 in driving distance is in the top 10 in Money, but all of the top 5 in driving accuracy are. Coincidence, I think not.

Know what is more annoying than people that exxagerate their driver distance?

The multiple threads about those people.

Can we just sticky a thread to the top about it?

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

People that exagerate their driver distance. I always love when someone tells me they hit 300 yard drives and they are barely getting past my drives. I average a measly 250 off the tee and I am longer than most anyone I have ever been partnered with. In my mind I know you are NOT hitting 300 yard drives and my laser rangefinder proves it. I always love when people claim my laser range is "wrong" or "how accurate is that thing it cant be right". My Bushnell was the best investment I have ever made.

You like the Bushnell better than that Perfect Club 'yo? LMAO!!!

Nike Sweet 16

Callaway Steelhead Plus 19*

Srixon I-701 3-P

Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 52* & 58*

Cleveland VP Milled No. 3

You like the Bushnell better than that Perfect Club 'yo? LMAO!!!

Get at me when you can break 80.

MX500 9.5* S
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*

I am a short hitter. 250 when everything lines up perfect, avg. 200-225. I do play alot as a single and it seems like I get paired up with people who think they are hitting alot father than they really are. I just think that people dont realize how far 300 yds really is..

In the bag:

Burner 10.5
Rescue mid 16, 19, 22, 25
X-16 irons Forged+ Vintage 48, 54, 60 Circa 62 #3 A009125

A local course I play at recently got GPS in the carts that shows how far your tee shot went. (maybe all GPS does that, I don't know). It will show distances from Blue, White, Gold, Red tees.

My pokes are around 260ish on average. I'm pretty damn happy with that as an average. 295 was the longest I've had this year....which was probably one of the best drives I've ever hit. I just can't see how these people are always claiming to hit over 300 yards. If the CONSISTENT 300 hitters are really out there, I certainly never come across any of them.

Yeah I played today, and had one of my better driving days. I hit my longest drive of the year, which was 280 yards. I hit 2 other drives today over 250. My average for the day with a driver was still probably only 235 ish? I hooked one, sliced a few, and it evens out. Now a month back I would have came home and said, yeah I basically hit all my drives 280, but people that do that are often let down when they don't hit the drive of their life.

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

Wow now im scared that i didnt really hit 2 drives over 300.. Or average more than 250... i need to try one of these range finders, too bad you cant rent them, maybe ill win one today!
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Wow now im scared that i didnt really hit 2 drives over 300.. Or average more than 250... i need to try one of these range finders, too bad you cant rent them, maybe ill win one today!

It's an eye opening experiance to say the least.

MX500 9.5* S
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*

I think the important thing here is that you want a combined distance + accuracy rate, not just distance.

For example yesterday I hit 6/7 fairways which is a pretty good day for me or anyone.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

Note: This thread is 6099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!