IGNORED

My Swing (infoe)

infoe
Note: This thread is 3373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Mod i tried doing so by hitting hyperlink. Not sure how to do it (embed video)

Click the video icon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any thoughts or anything jumps out at you that I need to address? Thanks for watching!

;-)

Even though we can't see it, can tell the head is moving too far to your left. Need to have the right shoulder go down longer on the backswing. Check out this video

Would also recommend turning both feet out, will help you turn more and allow the right shoulder/right hip to work down more.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Posture still not there but I was working on not moving laterally backwards away from the ball and more forward weight transfer and more importantly hip toward the target.  I hit some pure shots today when I did it correct and wow it feels so good it feels like hitting butter or not hitting a golf ball at all.  Any tips?

• Administrator

It's tough to say but your grip looks really palmy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hmmm, I usually feel the golf club more on the fingers but i wouldn't put it passed me being palmy also...anything i should focus on to make sure im not being palmy or upload a closeup of grip?

Did a quick search on the golf grip, and found this.    http://thesandtrap.com/t/3785/proper-grip

Posture still not there but I was working on not moving laterally backwards away from the ball and more forward weight transfer and more importantly hip toward the target.  I hit some pure shots today when I did it correct and wow it feels so good it feels like hitting butter or not hitting a golf ball at all.  Any tips?

Keep those hips turning so they don't move back.

Hmmm, I usually feel the golf club more on the fingers but i wouldn't put it passed me being palmy also...anything i should focus on to make sure im not being palmy or upload a closeup of grip?

Yeah just make sure the heel pad of the right hand is "on top" of the grip. Not like the left pic.

Mike McLoughlin

Not like the left pic? I'm sorry for not understanding but both pictures look at the same to me is another picture that you can explain to me with?

Not like the left pic? I'm sorry for not understanding but both pictures look at the same to me is another picture that you can explain to me with?

Yes it's the same pic, difference is where the line is drawn. Blue line illustrates a palmy grip.

Mike McLoughlin

So it looks like im bunching up/bending lead arm just after impact instead of keeping it straight. Any drills to work on to keep front arm straight during and after impact till at least after club is pointing toward target?

So it looks like im bunching up/bending lead arm just after impact instead of keeping it straight. Any drills to work on to keep front arm straight during and after impact till at least after club is pointing toward target?

The grip will help. Don't lose sight of your priorities, the things Erik and I have recommended will improve impact.

Mike McLoughlin

so I took some pics of my grip...took my regular grip then removed one hand and tried to get different angles...took my regular grip and removed the other hand and tried to get some angles on that one....then took regular grip and had wife snap two pics but angles are poor on those.  Not sure if this is palmy or not...I'm not sure what the heel pad is

I made another post because I figured the issue is with my right hand...first pic is after I saw a video on grip where I feel it more on my fingers and feel like my heel pad is over the club almost like my hand is OVER the club...second pic is my normal grip where Its still in my fingers but end of club finishes in between the heel pad and the thumb pad

First set of pics were palmy, second set was better.

starting at 1:00

dude you guys are bad ass...how the heck did you even see that from my videos??

3D glasses ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!