Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timnsr72

My Swing (Timnsr72)

8 posts in this topic

Wanted to thank whoever reply's in advance for their feedback. I know the angle of the video is not the best, but I had to work with the video my playing partner took. In the wedge shots I am aiming for a flagstick 15 yards left of where the mat is. Two years ago I took lessons which got my index to 15 & I managed to get it down to 13 from there. This year I am planning on taking another lesson(s) and want to get my index to 10 or below.

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 years

My current handicap index is: 13.1

My typical ball flight is: Straight/Straight Fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Push Fade - Especially with driver

Videos:

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

On my phone so I apologize for the brevity… someone else may elaborate.

Your backswing is all arms. Your lower body does almost nothing during the backswing.

Look at the videos we've posted recently of backswing turning rates, and do a LOT more to get your hips involved.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Turn your hips like a pro. This may be a good video for you. There are lots of other video's here to help you, click on the link.

http://purestrike5sk.com/videos.php#video_playback

Compared to how much your shoulders turn and your hands move, your hips have not move nearly as much. I would work on getting your hips to open up much sooner in the backswing. See the video bellow.

It's tough to tell by the camera angle. But that toe of the driver is WAY high off the ground there. It looks your hands are very close to your body. I would take a look at this thread bellow on golf posture. A good drill @mvmac has mentioned is get your heels about 4 inches from a wall. Then bend your knees slightly and lean over. Your butt should just be touching the wall. For you it would probably feel like you are way over the ball. Your weight needs to be equally between the heels and the balls of your feet. If you took a picture from down the line view, your shoulders would be past your toes, and your butt would be about 4-6 inches from the heels of your feet. This should help you get a better turn and more athletic move in the golf swing.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

Wanted to post an update, my scores have dropped and I can now break 80. My issue is consistency, I'll go 77 one round & then shoot 97 the next. I've narrowed it down to the 2nd shot and my putting(Short putts). Alot of the putting issue is a problem between the ears that I'll have to fix, but I wanted to see if there was any suggestions for my second shot. It either goes short and straight or long and right.

Um, the fact that you one-putt 94% of the time, while the top PGA player one-putts about 44% of the time makes me think you're scoring is a little, how shall I put this, inaccurate.

I don't record my putting with GolfPad, just use it for shot distances & put the one putt to mark that I finished the hole.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Are you allowed to use the cart for the practice round.  If so, I would recommend using it, purely because you are practicing one day before the tournament and the less tired you are, the better.  For your caddie, it does not make a huge difference.  Unless carrying the bag tires him out so much that it will impact your pace of play during the tournament, either option is fine for him.  Good luck with the tourney and hydrating and carb loading the day before the tournament is huge.  Make sure you have a good breakfast early in the morning, say 6 am or so, which will then allow you to snack lightly through the tournament and keep your energy levels up
    • Shot 80 yesterday which is my best score since starting up golf again last year. I was 2 under after 7 so part of me feels a little bit disappointed that I let it slip!   I was feeling so good on the tee at 8 that I thought I'd hit a little draw into the lateral slope of the fairway to get a better position.  Unfortunately my ball missed the ground and went into the trees.  Took a few holes to get the wheels back on and back to playing shots I can actually hit.
    • Played better at Western Gailes yesterday and loved the course - very welcoming and had me thinking much more than Turnberry did as the greens were smaller with danger pretty much everywhere. I started out brilliantly, playing the first 4 in -1, but then turned into the wind - into and off the right - and immediately lost a ball playing for too much wind on the hardest hole, which I'd have bogeyed anyway. Putting again wasn't as good as it has been and I just haven't felt like I'm going to hole anything outside of 6 feet. Highlights were the first four holes, particularly feeling like DJ or Rory on the 4th, a good par on 7 (see below) and a good last four holes - bar another lost ball on 18...  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1072354 My par on the 7th - only swing I recorded was a really nice punch 5 iron from 170 into a strong breeze: 3rd tee: 'Secret' 6th green: Looking back on the 13th green: I get a few days' rest now before my last couple of rounds, both at Machrihanish Dunes. I've learnt a lot about my game playing these two rounds that I hadn't known beforehand. I find it really hard when I don't know the line and have to guess and commit to the shot far less. If I can see it though, it's generally fine. I need to sort the driving in the wind out as there's just no room for error - a slight mishit and a ball that would be safe is gone. Additionally, particularly at Turnberry, I need to stop overthinking things. Occasionally I'd find myself trying to hit a 7 iron with the ball miles back in my stance to deloft it, aiming way left to compensate and just should have hit what I felt comfortable with and taken the hit with the wind. My putting has to get better as well, particularly from range. So much fun though and I will definitely play Western Gailes again (probably more of a certainty than Turnberry) - I loved the course and the welcome you get was amazing.
    • Played better at Western Gailes yesterday and loved the course - very welcoming and had me thinking much more than Turnberry did as the greens were smaller with danger pretty much everywhere. The main thing I've taken away from this trip though is that I need to control my driver in the wind better. A lot of times, it was definitely the play and my second shot was excellent, but I lost too many going with the wind, which probably wouldn't have been too bad without it. Partial wedges were really good again and approach play was generally alright. I started out brilliantly, playing the first 4 in -1, but then turned into the wind - into and off the right - and immediately lost a ball playing for too much wind on the hardest hole, which I'd have bogeyed anyway. Putting again wasn't as good as it has been and I just haven't felt like I'm going to hole anything outside of 6 feet. Highlights were the first four holes, particularly feeling like DJ or Rory on the 4th, a good par on 7 (see below) and a good last four holes - bar another lost ball on 18...  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1072354 My par on the 7th - only swing I recorded was a really nice punch 5 iron from 170 into a strong breeze: 3rd tee: 'Secret' 6th green: Looking back on the 13th green: I get a few days' rest now before my last couple of rounds, both at Machrihanish Dunes. I've learnt a lot about my game playing these two rounds that I hadn't known beforehand. I find it really hard when I don't know the line and have to guess and commit to the shot far less. If I can see it though, it's generally fine. I need to sort the driving in the wind out as there's just no room for error - a slight mishit and a ball that would be safe is gone. Additionally, particularly at Turnberry, I need to stop overthinking things. Occasionally I'd find myself trying to hit a 7 iron with the ball miles back in my stance to deloft it, aiming way left to compensate and just should have hit what I felt comfortable with and taken the hit with the wind. My putting has to get better as well, particularly from range. So much fun though and I will definitely play Western Gailes again (probably more of a certainty than Turnberry) - I loved the course and the welcome you get was amazing.
    • Lake Mead. It's down 150' +/-, and still losing about 5' every year. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. Erg
      Erg
      (49 years old)
    2. irishmike27
      irishmike27
      (37 years old)
    3. Tutenharman
      Tutenharman
      (27 years old)