IGNORED

My Swing (Shakogolfer78)

shakogolfer78
Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I'm back again.  This time I really want to start working on making a real swing change.  I want to put together a solid plan that will best help me improve my swing and eventually lower my scores.  I was just wondering what would be a good way to go about this change (and most importantly do it on a bit of a budget).

First off, I have read Lowest Score Wins, and I 100% agree that I want to focus the majority of time on the full swing (65% to be exact).  I also want to work on my fitness as well.  My thoughts were as follows:

Sign up for Evolvr to work on the swing.  Inexpensive way to get coaching on my swing from Erik and the gang.  Are a lot of you guys still using and liking Evolvr?  I haven't heard much about it lately.

For the fitness element of the game I was thinking about investing in the Joey D fitness program ($120).  My other option is a specific golf gym that is close to my house but that is about $90 month.

What I am really want to achieve with this process are something along the lines of:

-Changing the attack angle of my swing, get more upright and produce a more consistent and solid strike with my shots.  I am really struggling with taking large divots, and losing a lot of distance right now this has also led to some pain in my elbow when I violently come over the top and take a large divot.

-I would like to use the fitness piece to increase carry distances on my clubs by 10 yards.

Any thoughts comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I plan on making small yet detailed goals to progress my way through the season, as I really want to get my game back to top shape.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

I had a great B Day this past weekend to say the least  The GF got me a GAME Golf device!  I already posted two rounds and they were both in the 70s.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shakogolfer

I have not been hitting the driver well at all, too but I am finding ways to get the ball on or close to the green in regulation.  For example,

at the Wilds yesterday I hit 8 Greens and had 5 nGIRs plus a sand save, and I would rate my driver at about 4/10.  Only good thing off the tee was I had no penalties to speak of.

Putting and short game have been hot for me lately.  I just need to buck up and start the slow process of focusing all my practice time to the full swing. @iacas expect a new Evolvr student soon.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!