• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
Beercan14

Driver HL and 4 wood vs 3 wood and 5 wood

Beercan14    0

Ordering Ping Karstens hyrid/irons. Also need to update my woods all are over 15 years old. What's a better set up? A high loft driver(13 (degree) and 4 wood or a straight up 3 wood and 5 wood? Using the 3 wood as a driver replacement.

WUTiger    452

Do a two-part test. Compare the two combinations on a launch monitor, and then repeat the comparison outdoors at a spring Demo Day.

Go with whichever works best.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Missouri Swede    161

I think it would depend in part on what yardage you'll get from your longest hybrid:

Would there be too much difference between what your longest hybrid gives you and the 4 wood?

Or not enough between your longest hybrid and the 5 wood?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • I responded initially to David's comment about hitting an approach shot with what I thought would require a fairway wood to a difficult green and being confident in the outcome. What you've quoted was a response and disagreement to Kevin's comment suggesting that hole would not be difficult for higher handicappers. I'll resist replying to @Vinsk's post directly below yours. My apologies for taking this thread off-topic.
    • I've been looking at my swing in caddie view, especially P8/A8 (the shaft is parallel to the ground in the follow-through) and I noticed that my neck and eyes are still pointing in the direction of where the ball was at address until after P9/A9. I think this is a really bad move for me as I am left handed and left eye dominant, meaning that my dominant eye isn't really seeing the ball after impact, and I am not extending or raising my head from P7/A7 to P9/A9. Annika Sorenstam (who is right handed and right eye dominant) does the opposite move, at P8/A8 her eyes and neck are in the direction of the clubhead from a head swivel move in the downswing. Jim Furyk and David Duval do the same thing that she does and all 3 players shot sub 60 rounds... Could this be a magic move?
    • Uhh, these guys you are destroying, what scores do they usually shoot? they had low handicaps, they were on the golf team with me or for another high school.   You have a 28 HDCP, yet you hit the sweet spot consistently on your irons? for the most part, yes.    thank you for the suggestion, but I hate the feel and look of game improvement irons. which ones do you suggest?
    • Funny guy this Groucho, think he is trolling you Erik.  My story as someone who scores in the seventies when playing a good round (low eighties are more common). I really need my long game to be on. Hitting it 220-230y from the tee, playing a course at 6700y. Next I mostly have a wood or a hybrid to the green. Because of that I became a really good woods/hybrid player (practice it a lot during my rounds). There are two 440y par4's that I can't reach in two, stopped trying to make gir there (no more 3 woods out of my shoes to the green). Not that I hit every green, I even miss greens from 100y in, allways very happy to be on the green in regulation. Ngir is king for me. If not on the green, but almost, I try my Texas wedge (putter) to make up and down. I am not an elite player at all, but am really into scoring. Thinking about buying a chipper, because my chipping is below average. I take my driver out on every hole except par3's. I learned to hit a short gripped driver with an easy 70% swing 180-190y, when there is danger at 200+y, it works for me all the time.
    • Particularly one that is wrong
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Bryan Kasper
      Bryan Kasper
      (25 years old)
    2. Greg Pickett Golf
      Greg Pickett Golf
      (62 years old)
    3. hobecorning
      hobecorning