IGNORED

Saw Rich Learner on a course...

Orlando38
Note: This thread is 3657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

called; Winter Pines(in Winter Park, Fl....basically Orlando). I saw him this past Sunday, with his two teenage kids. This is a very basic muni course and was a bit surprised to see him. I watched him and his kids tee off. I was also surprised how bad he and his kids were at golf, I guess all the announcing with Faldo, he doesn't get much a chance to play!?? I asked the guy in pro shop and he said he was something like a 15-18 handicap!? Also, it didn't seem like many of the people knew who he was! kind of odd to me...I realize a lot of people aren't into watching golf on TV, but I basically learned the game by watching golf on TV in the early 2000s and late 90s(but I love watching most of the "big 3" sports on TV as well)...If you are around PGA guys and people like Faldo, I feel you should be better than this! it was also funny to hear him...they let like 3 groups play through before teeing off...he mentioned he didn't wan to "hold anyone up"! :) Most of the golf channel "guys" live around the Winter Park area, as its very beautiful with tons of lakes and great restaurants...if your ever in Orlando, get away from the tourist area for a day and come check it out.

Kudos to him for several things!

He’s out playing golf for recreation (it’s not “just a job”).

He’s with his kids.

He’s not so good that you wonder how he has all the spare time to get that good (“shouldn’t he be spending more time at work?”).

He’s paying attention to the pace of play.

And, on top of it all, he overcame his first tee jitters, even knowing that a member of TST was watching! :beer:

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yes, very good with his kids and enjoying time...I agree! just thought he would be better is all. I guess he didn't grow up playing much(I believe he is in his 50s). He seems like a nice guy...when I used to frequent the golf channel message board, he would get bashed pretty good. I don't think he is bad at commentating...a lot better than Kelly Tilgman.

I was also surprised how bad he and his kids were at golf, I guess all the announcing with Faldo, he doesn't get much a chance to play!??

Yes most people in the golf business don't get to play a lot of golf.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am NOT surprised that he isn't very good at golf (Neither am I, I just pretend to be). I'm also in the camp that he isn't a good commentator/announcer, I also think he has a crush on Gary Woodland, but that's just the silly me. Anyways, any guy that plays golf, mindful of pace of play, spend time with is kids is alright with me. I do plan to visit the Orlando area sometime this year.....hopefully!

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Note: This thread is 3657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!