IGNORED

Do You Have Concealed Carry Permit...

DoubleEagle
Note: This thread is 2371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Honestly, its the size - the NA mini 22 mag is so small & it's awesome for pocket carry in the leather pocket holster they make.      The barrel is only 1 inch, so the muzzle velocity is about the same as a 22LR from a rifle.       It's not the ideal carry caliber by a long shot, but due to its size I'm more inclined to carry it ... remember the first rule of gun fighting ... gotta bring a gun to the fight.

What are you gonna do with it? That's like going bear hunting with a 410. If you're gonna pack, get a compact 9mm. I found a S&W99; for $400 and it's pretty easily concealable due to its compact size. It's about the size of a 22 mag or so, and it packs a much larger punch. Just an idea. I just don't have a CHL to carry it. Luckily here in TX, I can keep it in my truck center console. Castle Law

Dylan

Twitter: @d_brock504

Honestly, its the size - the NA mini 22 mag is so small & it's awesome for pocket carry in the leather pocket holster they make.      The barrel is only 1 inch, so the muzzle velocity is about the same as a 22LR from a rifle.       It's not the ideal carry caliber by a long shot, but due to its size I'm more inclined to carry it ... remember the first rule of gun fighting ... gotta bring a gun to the fight.

Unfortunately as a single-action weapon, it's extremely slow and cumbersome to deploy.  Back when they were first developed there weren't many good sub-compact options.  These days, there are a TON of them that offer the same level of convenience and concealability as your NA, in calibers, capacities, and configurations much better suited to self-defense.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

^ I have the NA loaded with rat shot for the first round.      It's not like I'm going into this defensive strategy blind fellas ... this is a super close range last resort option ... a load of rat shot to the face will ruin someones day - if they want more, the next one is a JHP.

DavidinFL - I have a Kahr 380 - touted to be the most compact and lightest 380 on the market - however, it's dramatically larger than the NA - feels like a four iphones taped together in my pocket.     Not the best for frequent carry ... it prints ALOT (although, as someone said earlier in this thread - they make back pocket holsters - I'm going to look into that).    The NA is much more convenient - unless I wanted to go with IWB or some other deeper concealment method with a larger caliber

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Lots of my friends tell me to pick a nice 9mm.  I still prefer the .45 because it throws a Volkswagon a short distance.  If I ever fired something as zippy as a 9 I personally would be fearful of possibly missing the target and then that bullet is going to travel for awhile.  If I need the zip of a 9mm to reach the target I would likely end up on the other side of the courtroom.

Defensible firefights here are extremely short range.  I use Hornady Critical Defense round so that it is probably over and done with in one shot.

I think the Judge is the perfect carry and am on the lookout for one to replace my 1911 for daily wear.

When I go someplace that has a sign on the door that says "No Firearms Allowed On Premises" I carry my Undercover .38 back waistband. :whistle:

Lots of my friends tell me to pick a nice 9mm.  I still prefer the .45 because it throws a Volkswagon a short distance.  If I ever fired something as zippy as a 9 I personally would be fearful of possibly missing the target and then that bullet is going to travel for awhile.  If I need the zip of a 9mm to reach the target I would likely end up on the other side of the courtroom.

Defensible firefights here are extremely short range.  I use Hornady Critical Defense round so that it is probably over and done with in one shot.

I think the Judge is the perfect carry and am on the lookout for one to replace my 1911 for daily wear.

When I go someplace that has a sign on the door that says "No Firearms Allowed On Premises" I carry my Undercover .38 back waistband.

If a place has a sign on it like that, I believe in most states that it is the law, and that needs to be respected.  The alternative is that you don't do business there.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

When I go someplace that has a sign on the door that says "No Firearms Allowed On Premises" I carry my Undercover .38 back waistband.

Well aren't you clever.

A place wants to be free of guns but you want to take your "piece" with you. Why?

Makes me glad not to live in a place where paranoia looms so large in the minds of people that they have to "carry".

By all means, go and shoot at a range. Don't carry your gun where people have decided it's not a safe thing to do.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

If a place has a sign on it like that, I believe in most states that it is the law, and that needs to be respected.  The alternative is that you don't do business there.

Not the case here or anywhere that I know of.  Me respect their rights and they not respect my Second Amendment Right?  My rights are Constitutional not "company".    If they see you with a firearm the only thing they can do is ask you to do is leave.  At which time you can then respect their "policy" and go stick the weapon in your glove box and return to the establishment.  IF they call police... still no issue.  You have broken no laws.

Personally I do not want to be in a place where there is a sign telling would-be shooters that there is no one inside that is armed!!  And you cannot avoid all locations.  What if your Mom is in a nursing home with a sign like that?  It is not the same as a restaurant that you can simply disagree with and thus avoid out of principle.  What if a loved one has to go to the E.R. and you get a cell call?  Do you know how many people shoot up E.R.s?  You want to be unarmed when an Unlawful thug comes in with a gun?  Not me.  I have the right Not To Die because of company policy.  They never know I have it and cannot do a thing about it.  Respect for "company policy"?  I do not think so.  My respect is for the Constitution.  My loyalty is to my family and innocent bystanders in a time of distress.  If someone comes into an establishment of any kind wishing to mortally wound myself and those around me, I will let them depart in a body bag regardless of a meaningless, bu# @($it sign at th e door.

Not the case here or anywhere that I know of.  Me respect their rights and they not respect my Second Amendment Right?  My rights are Constitutional not "company".    If they see you with a firearm the only thing they can do is ask you to do is leave.  At which time you can then respect their "policy" and go stick the weapon in your glove box and return to the establishment.  IF they call police... still no issue.  You have broken no laws.

Personally I do not want to be in a place where there is a sign telling would-be shooters that there is no one inside that is armed!!  And you cannot avoid all locations.  What if your Mom is in a nursing home with a sign like that?  It is not the same as a restaurant that you can simply disagree with and thus avoid out of principle.  What if a loved one has to go to the E.R. and you get a cell call?  Do you know how many people shoot up E.R.s?  You want to be unarmed when an Unlawful thug comes in with a gun?  Not me.  I have the right Not To Die because of company policy.  They never know I have it and cannot do a thing about it.  Respect for "company policy"?  I do not think so.  My respect is for the Constitution.  My loyalty is to my family and innocent bystanders in a time of distress.  If someone comes into an establishment of any kind wishing to mortally wound myself and those around me, I will let them depart in a body bag regardless of a meaningless, bu#@($it sign at the door.

Lovin' the rhetoric. Just like te guy in the Big Lebowski - insane, but hilarious.

And the usual misunderstanding of the Second Amendment.

But most of all the need to invent some bizarre scenario which justifies your paranoia.

As you would know, most of these are youths shooting each other because they were "disrespected".

You having a gun in a supermarket is not saving lives in actuality or potentially.

Sorry to be OT, but I really find the idea of feeling the need to be armed quite sad in the face of so much evidence to show it is counterproductive and potentially fatal to the wrong people. But the desire to have no guns in their premises is founded on a desire to save life, not infringe on your desire to be a cowboy.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Personally I do not want to be in a place where there is a sign telling would-be shooters that there is no one inside that is armed!!  And you cannot avoid all locations.  What if your Mom is in a nursing home with a sign like that?  It is not the same as a restaurant that you can simply disagree with and thus avoid out of principle.  What if a loved one has to go to the E.R. and you get a cell call?  Do you know how many people shoot up E.R.s?  You want to be unarmed when an Unlawful thug comes in with a gun?  Not me.  I have the right Not To Die because of company policy.  They never know I have it and cannot do a thing about it.  Respect for "company policy"?  I do not think so.  My respect is for the Constitution.  My loyalty is to my family and innocent bystanders in a time of distress.  If someone comes into an establishment of any kind wishing to mortally wound myself and those around me, I will let them depart in a body bag regardless of a meaningless, bu#@($it sign at the door.

Don't really have time to read your entire post at the moment, but that is why I said "I believe".  My understanding was that in MN it was the law.  I am not sure about WI, but not many places have the signs.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Well aren't you clever.

A place wants to be free of guns but you want to take your "piece" with you. Why?

Makes me glad not to live in a place where paranoia looms so large in the minds of people that they have to "carry".

By all means, go and shoot at a range. Don't carry your gun where people have decided it's not a safe thing to do.

I've never had a "range" try to kill me.  People deciding?  That is hilarious.  People kill other people every day.  They just don't kill me if I have any say about it.  Plus it my Constitution Right to bear arms.  Can't say I know what agreement you have with the Bloody Queen.  Sorry.

Lovin' the rhetoric.

Yeah this right to carry guns into places that don't want them is most decidedly not protected by the 2nd amendment.  Not even the current quite gun happy and very conservative court thinks so.  That is most definitely governed by state law, and it is decidedly constitutional for a state to bar people from carrying weapons into certain categories of places in general, both public and private (say schools, hospitals, bars), and to allow commercial establishments to post signs barring firearms, even those carried by people with concealed carry permits -- also legislated by the state.

I would not be surprised if, in the current climate, there are states where a concealed carry permit gives you the legal right to carry a gun almost anywhere (maybe not into, say, prisons or schools).  But it is laughable to claim that is a right granted by the 2nd amendment.

• Upvote 1

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Well aren't you clever.

Surely if their wish is NOT to have people with guns on the premises you have a moral and probably legal obligation to abide by their request. How do you respomd when people ignore your perfectly reasonable expectations regarding behaviour?

When you have to throw this in there, the whole statement loses credibility IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher

Do you remember the fight between the neighbors?  One had guns, and the other one hated them, and gave the gun carrying neighbor a hard time.  The gun carrier put up a sign close to the property line stating something like, "My neighbor has NO guns in his house, I will NOT use mine to protect him."

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Quote:

Originally Posted by Always an 80

Lovin' the rhetoric. Just like te guy in the Big Lebowski - insane, but hilarious.

But most of all the need to invent some bizarre scenario which justifies your paranoia.

As you would know, most of these are youths shooting each other because they were "disrespected".

You having a gun in a supermarket is not saving lives in actuality or potentially.

Sorry to be OT, but I really find the idea of feeling the need to be armed quite sad in the face of so much evidence to show it is counterproductive and potentially fatal to the wrong people. But the desire to have no guns in their premises is founded on a desire to save life, not infringe on your desire to be a cowboy.

Shorty how about this:

According to the National Firearms Agreement private citizens were forced to turn over the banned weapons in a government buyback system. Beginning on October 1, 1966 through September 30, 1997, the Australian government spent $500 million in purchasing and destroying more than 631,000 banned guns. Howard and other politicians promised the citizens of Australia that they would be safer now that these horrible weapons had been taken off the streets.

However, that was not the case! Since Australia banned semiautomatic rifles, shotguns and pump action shotguns the gun crime rates have skyrocketed throughout the country.

Australian Gun Ban

Murders committed with guns increased by 19%.

Home invasions increased by 21%.

Assaults committed with guns increased by 28%.

Armed robberies skyrocketed with an increase of 69%.

Many former gun owners blame the government and their gun control laws for the increases in crimes. They feel helpless in their own homes, unable to protect themselves. In fact, home invasions were so rare prior to the gun ban that the nation did not even have a legal definition for what a home invasion was.

Seeing the direct results of what the ban on guns did in Australia, they are now warning us not to follow in their footsteps.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Shorty how about this:

According to the National Firearms Agreement private citizens were forced to turn over the banned weapons in a government buyback system. Beginning on October 1, 1966 through September 30, 1997, the Australian government spent $500 million in purchasing and destroying more than 631,000 banned guns. Howard and other politicians promised the citizens of Australia that they would be safer now that these horrible weapons had been taken off the streets.

However, that was not the case! Since Australia banned semiautomatic rifles, shotguns and pump action shotguns the gun crime rates have skyrocketed throughout the country.

Murders committed with guns increased by 19%.

Home invasions increased by 21%.

Assaults committed with guns increased by 28%.

Armed robberies skyrocketed with an increase of 69%.

Many former gun owners blame the government and their gun control laws for the increases in crimes. They feel helpless in their own homes, unable to protect themselves. In fact, home invasions were so rare prior to the gun ban that the nation did not even have a legal definition for what a home invasion was.

Seeing the direct results of what the ban on guns did in Australia, they are now warning us not to follow in their footsteps.

This is a myth propagated by American pro gun groups.  Those increases came from a change in police statistics and bureaucratic reporting which happened at a similar time.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

^ I have the NA loaded with rat shot for the first round.      It's not like I'm going into this defensive strategy blind fellas ... this is a super close range last resort option ... a load of rat shot to the face will ruin someones day - if they want more, the next one is a JHP.

Please rethink that. If you're in a situation that calls for a response of deadly force, i.e. in genuine fear of your own life or that of someone else, do NOT respond with something incapable of stopping the threat. You put yourself and others at great risk by doing so. [quote name="cipher" url="/t/74198/do-you-have-concealed-carry-permit/54#post_987598"]If a place has a sign on it like that, I believe in most states that it is the law, and that needs to be respected.  The alternative is that you don't do business there. [/quote] If that's the law in the state, I agree 100%.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yeah this right to carry guns into places that don't want them is most decidedly not protected by the 2nd amendment.  Not even the current quite gun happy and very conservative court thinks so.  That is most definitely governed by state law, and it is decidedly constitutional for a state to bar people from carrying weapons into certain categories of places in general, both public and private (say schools, hospitals, bars), and to allow commercial establishments to post signs barring firearms, even those carried by people with concealed carry permits -- also legislated by the state.

I would not be surprised if, in the current climate, there are states where a concealed carry permit gives you the legal right to carry a gun almost anywhere (maybe not into, say, prisons or schools).  But it is laughable to claim that is a right granted by the 2nd amendment.

Duh, the Court as you put it is no longer conservative.  And yes, I can carry anywhere except the Post Office and the Federal Building/Court House.  The last time I was at the Federal Building they had a locker for me to secure my two weapons before I passed to the upper floor.  I absolutely know the law.  You absolutely do not.

Duh, the Court as you put it is no longer conservative.  And yes, I can carry anywhere except the Post Office and the Federal Building/Court House.  The last time I was at the Federal Building they had a locker for me to secure my two weapons before I passed to the upper floor.  I absolutely know the law.  You absolutely do not.

Did you read my post?  I said I wouldn't be surprised if there were states where what you do is legal.  I just said that it's laughable that this is a 2nd amendment protected right -- as you claimed -- because it isn't and never has been.  And there are many states where what you do is absolutely illegal.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Please rethink that. If you're in a situation that calls for a response of deadly force, i.e. in genuine fear of your own life or that of someone else, do NOT respond with something incapable of stopping the threat. You put yourself and others at great risk by doing so.

If that's the law in the state, I agree 100%.

NOT state law.  Company law.  I know of no state laws, except for that of taverns, that say you cannot carry.  And that is the law.  Look them up, please.  Oh, yeah, and know the difference  legally.

Note: This thread is 2371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!