IGNORED

Pro V1 or Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 6107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I currently play Pro v1's, and i love them. I dont have any real complaints about them, i but i was wondering if maybe i should be hitting v1x's instead. I have only hit v1x a few times, but im starting to think that it fits me a little better. I hit driver 265-275; every now and then ill catch one around 300. 7 iron is about 165. What do u guys think?

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

I say you play whichever ball you want. I choose to play the V1x because the V1 spins too much on approach shots for me. Dont play the V1x because you think your supposed to, play it because that ball is the best one for you. If you like the V1, stick with it.
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

ya i know the v1x is more firm, but honestly v1's come out a bit too spinny for me on pitches, anything more than 20 yards out and theyll pull back a foot when well hit; id rather them stop or release a couple feet. Im just wondering if i would hit them a bit farther, im not trying to sound distance obsessed, but it would be interesting to see if v1x's squeezed out a couple more yards.

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

I use the ProV1x when I mostly have to get good yardage off my drive.

Use the ProV1 when I have ample back green and I can hit the ball a little long and allow the ball to suck back, hopefully, towards the hole. (par 3's etc)

Note: This thread is 6107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!